supreme court - I beleive this is what's about

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...=.49a95143cbdf

when Nixon appointed 4 conservative justices of the "strict constructionist" thinking, the Warren court on a fast liberal track got derailed.

Before President Richard Nixon’s four conservative appointments abruptly tilted the court to the right, the country was in the middle of a social revolution, or what we now call the Sixties. Relations of race, gender and, less obviously, class were mutating at warp speed. The federal courts, and the Supreme Court in particular, were at the heart of the transformations.

the article was written in 2016. Libs were chomping on the bit to give Obama a 3rd justice which of course never happened. They were looking to end 43 years of conservative dominance in the courts.

they are still upset over the Garland non-appointment.
In 1971, in the last days before the conservative court takeover, the court ruled in Reed v. Reed that the equal protection clause applies to sex discrimination. Soon afterward, women’s advocates asked the courts to order that distinguishing between pregnancy-related disabilities and other disabilities is sex discrimination.
It could affirm that pregnancy, including abortion, is indeed a sex discrimination issue. As such, any restriction on abortion rights should have to meet the standard of “exceedingly persuasive justification” set forth in Ginsburg’s landmark sex discrimination case, United States v. Virginia , not the forgiving low bar of “undue burden” on reproductive decisions. Under a liberal Supreme Court, it’s hard to imagine how a state could make an “exceedingly persuasive” argument for subjecting women to extended waiting periods or scientifically fanciful discouragement lectures before getting an abortion.
as I read this. (In red) this caught my eye. First time I've heard of this. wow, that is a very expansive interpretation.

so, pregnancy disabilities and abortion is sex discrimination?

Ladies, feel free to chime in about this. would like to hear about your opinion on this.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...=.49a95143cbdf

when Nixon appointed 4 conservative justices of the "strict constructionist" thinking, the Warren court on a fast liberal track got derailed.

Before President Richard Nixon’s four conservative appointments abruptly tilted the court to the right, the country was in the middle of a social revolution, or what we now call the Sixties. Relations of race, gender and, less obviously, class were mutating at warp speed. The federal courts, and the Supreme Court in particular, were at the heart of the transformations.

the article was written in 2016. Libs were chomping on the bit to give Obama a 3rd justice which of course never happened. They were looking to end 43 years of conservative dominance in the courts.

they are still upset over the Garland non-appointment. Originally Posted by dilbert firestorm
I'm still delighted that Garland got the shaft.
I'm still delighted that Garland, Odumbo, hildebeest, Biden, Schumer, Pelosi, etc., etc., etc., got the shaft. Originally Posted by friendly fred
FTFY.
FTFY. Originally Posted by I B Hankering
Along with all of those that voted for shrilLIARy and boasted about how she would mop the floor with ( PRESIDENT !!!!! ) TRUMP !
Are you hysterically disparaging me or anyone else on this board, Rey?
Are you hysterically disparaging me or anyone else on this board, Rey? Originally Posted by Yssup Rider
But, of course not Yssup Rider. But go ahead and bang that RTM button. Have a nice day now !
LOL! Sounds like it to me.

Who’s “MT Fluffer,” btw?
FTFY. Originally Posted by I B Hankering
Amen
Are you hysterically disparaging me or anyone else on this board, Rey? Originally Posted by Yssup Rider
No I am not!
Are you Rey Lengua now?
I repeated many times before Nov 8, 2016, that the election was about one thing.

The Supreme Court.

Nothing's changed.

RBG could croak any day. That will be three.

Next.
She’ll prolly outlive Twitler.
She’ll prolly outlive Twitler. Originally Posted by Yssup Rider

don't bet on it.

Are you Rey Lengua now? Originally Posted by Yssup Rider
I AM SPARTACUS!
I repeated many times before Nov 8, 2016, that the election was about one thing.

The Supreme Court.

Nothing's changed.

RBG could croak any day. That will be three.

Next. Originally Posted by Jackie S
That's exactly the way I feel. rbg WILL BE 3 Amen