What Are Your Hobby Planning Horizons?

This thread inspired me to ask the question of providers and hobbyists: http://eccie.net/showthread.php?t=1671539

What Are Your Hobby Planning Horizons? What are the Pros and Cons of long-term planning vs short-term planning--both for providers and hobbyists?

Since he can only play during week days, BugleBoy plans out his next week out about seven days in advance. Right now he has plans for some nice ladies up through Thursday, but is still looking for the right lady for Friday morning.

Providers:

How far out do you wish to make appointments and commitments?

What are problems and issues related to advanced scheduling? What about one-hour vs two hour appointments--how soon to make them?

What about half-hour and quarter-hour BnGs?

Under what conditions would you cancel/reschedule an appointment: (Examples: A LTF contacts you at last minute looking for a two-hour session, but you are already committed to a quarter-hour appointment. An out-of-town LTF contacts you for a special session when you are already committed to another hobbyist.) Feel free to expand this area.

How often do you reschedule or cancel? How soon should you reschedule an appointment? When is the cut-off for not cancelling?

How do you handle above without causing hurt butt for someone.

Hobbyists:

When do you like to make appointments (how far ahead of time)?

Pros/Cons of various scheduling time frames?

How often do you reschedule or cancel? How soon should you reschedule an appointment? When is the cut-off for not cancelling?

All:

I have only scratched the surface here, so feel free to expand this discussion, but please stay on focus and be respectful of one another.
hmm... interesting question.

I like to schedule several days in advance (usually around 3-5 days). It improves the odds of finding a time that works for me and the person I want to meet. If it's someone I haven't met before it gives them plenty of time to check my references. I really dislike the uncertainty of trying to book providers the same day or the day prior. I only do this when something I've planned falls through.

I think I've rescheduled only two or three times in the last 18 months. If I have to reschedule (e.g. I feel a cold coming on) I try to give as much notice as possible. I've been pretty fortunate with providers keeping to our agreed upon times as well. Part of that is knowing several providers that are very reliable.

I don't like to schedule more than a week in advance in case something comes up on my calendar (or the providers) that I can't control. The further out I schedule the more likely this will happen.
Providers:

How far out do you wish to make appointments and commitments? No more than 3 weeks.. I am all for last minute booking or future booking..

What are problems and issues related to advanced scheduling? Higher chance of something coming up on his end with either work or family
What about one-hour vs two hour appointments--how soon to make them?
As soon as you decide I am the one you want to spend that time with
What about half-hour and quarter-hour BnGs? Same as one hour calls

Under what conditions would you cancel/reschedule an appointment: (Examples: A LTF contacts you at last minute looking for a two-hour session, but you are already committed to a quarter-hour appointment. An out-of-town LTF contacts you for a special session when you are already committed to another hobbyist.) Feel free to expand this area.

I would only cancel if I was sick or had a kiddo issue pop up..I would never cancel a booked call even a bng if a better offer popped up.Its not the way I operate

How often do you reschedule or cancel?In over 10 years doing this I have only cancelled one time and maybe rescheduled 3 times

How soon should you reschedule an appointment?as soon as I can give my 100% could be hours later or the next day

How do you handle above without causing hurt butt for someone. Honesty..If they get butt hurt I cant help that
Providers:

How far out do you wish to make appointments and commitments? No more then a week.

What are problems and issues related to advanced scheduling? What about one-hour vs two hour appointments--how soon to make them?
Agree with VictoriaLyn.
What about half-hour and quarter-hour BnGs? I don't do anything under an hour so no need to schedule.

Under what conditions would you cancel/reschedule an appointment: Only due to illness. I have only done that twice. During Cedar Fever.(Examples: A LTF contacts you at last minute looking for a two-hour session, but you are already committed to a quarter-hour appointment. An out-of-town LTF contacts you for a special session when you are already committed to another hobbyist.) Feel free to expand this area.I would never cancel someone I booked for a one hour if some else wanted 2 or 3 hours. That is not my personality or my business etiquette.

How often do you reschedule or cancel? I have had to reschedule twice due to illness. How soon should you reschedule an appointment? Agree with VictoriaLyn - In both instances I rescheduled as soon as I was able to give 100 percent.

How do you handle above without causing hurt butt for someone.
VictoriaLyn said it best - honesty is the best policy. I hate,hate,hate hurting someones feelings but honesty is always the way to go.

I would like to add that - in my experience - when I was doing fetish - the clients who wanted fetish-were the clients most likely to back out or cancel. My GFE and FBSM+ clients really don't cancel on me. So I don't do fetish anymore.

I would also like to add - I love,love,love what I do!!!

Thanks BB for a really good thread.