Airline miles

Is this even something feasible to barter for?I absolutely must make it to Boston the first week in May due to a family obligation..The option of not going is not an option...So I am thinking of how I will be able to do this and airline miles popped into mind..........Has anyone had a successful experience with this?
Not sure how it works, but mostly one would have to have your name and either book the flight for you, or give you access to there account. Some rapid rewards allow one to email a ticket to a friend. So you would have to find someone that is comfortable with giving out personal information. I have also wondered on this, mostly I just let my rewards expire.

DM
I seem to remember that some FF programs allow you to transfer points to a different account in the same program. Been awhile, so not certain but worth looking into.

Perhaps a better option is that AMEX points are transferrable to some FF programs. The person with the AMEX would need your info. Check it out!
I absolutely must make it to Boston the first week in May due to a family obligation..The option of not going is not an option...So I am thinking of how I will be able to do this........ Originally Posted by VictoriaLyn
Howdy, Folks!

VL,

Howzabout - buy a ticket?

Check it out - Southwest can get you there and back again for $278.80.

Seems like scheduling a couple of extra sessions here and there might cover it; maybe run some specials to get in a little extra business?

Good luck!
Howdy, Folks!

VL,

Howzabout - buy a ticket?

Check it out - Southwest can get you there and back again for $278.80.

Seems like scheduling a couple of extra sessions here and there might cover it; maybe run some specials to get in a little extra business?

Good luck! Originally Posted by Baloney Pony
Gee why didnt I think of that ,,,J/k....If it was just me wouldnt b an issuse but I have little people with me too....So instead of $300 its closer to $1000..........I know I can priceline it and get them for closer to $500..Just thinking all ways I can to get the most out of the trip if those extra appointments dont come in time.......
FF miles can be easily purchased frm the peson who has the FF and given to the other person as a "gift"
ive done this many times when i got miles from other ppl, ive flown to vegas several times, as well as maui with other ppls FF miles. The only thing the person with the miles does is pay for the taxes with thier CC, and just puts your name as the person flying. there is no exchange of personal info.
Gee why didnt I think of that ,,,J/k....If it was just me wouldnt b an issuse but I have little people with me too....So instead of $300 its closer to $1000....... Originally Posted by VictoriaLyn

Howdy, Folks!

VL,

This was not apparent in your original post:

Is this even something feasible to barter for?I absolutely must make it to Boston the first week in May due to a family obligation..The option of not going is not an option...So I am thinking of how I will be able to do this and airline miles popped into mind..........Has anyone had a successful experience with this? Originally Posted by VictoriaLyn

You were the only one mentioned - no other travelers.

As this was the only data I had to go off of, the cost-effective Southwest ticket seemed the way to go.

Forgive me, but I didn't have all the data to work with.

Good luck.
Sorry BP...I should have been more specific
Everything is fair in love and war. go for it and good luck.