Can I beat the Lie Detector ?

My SO has her been searching for a way to catch me for years. Now she has found an ex FBI man that has a FULL PROOF LIE DETECTOR..... Oh SHIT....

HELP ????????
You can simply say you won't take it. The polygraph is a bullshit device that is more "voodoo" than science. It will be interpreted to read whatever one wants it to read.
You could simply dump the SO. Who wants to go through all of that suspicious bullshit with an inquisitive SO? Single life is awesome!
If she is pulling that shit, the trust is gone. Dump her sorry ass.
If she is pulling that shit, the trust is gone. Dump her sorry ass. Originally Posted by cpi3000
Yes, the trust is indeed gone and the OP's very presence on this board might have something to do with it. Yeah, dump her sorry ass, fuck her for not being down with bullshit and lies.

While I do think the lie detector test is over the top I would say that the SO would not be so suspicious if the OP was doing his part in the relationship. Oh well, and if she is just a batshit crazy person then why get involved in the first place? This is gay, the lie detector is gay. The OP should start a self imposed ban on relationships until they do some serious introspection about what they think the building blocks should be for a relationship. It goes both ways.
Agree with the above. Get out.

But on the OT:

http://www.antipolygraph.org/

http://www.polygraph.com/
On CBS 60 MINUTES, Doug Williams proved the polygraph test is nothing but a sick joke - innocent, truthful, people are called liars! Here Doug Williams is shown teaching Diane Sawyer how to pass the polygraph test.
Yes, the trust is indeed gone and the OP's very presence on this board might have something to do with it. Yeah, dump her sorry ass, fuck her for not being down with bullshit and lies. Originally Posted by RebeccaRothko
I'd dump her ass too, but first I would take the test just for kicks. If I passed I'd say "There, I took your damn test. By the way, don't ever fucking call me again!". And if I failed it, nothing lost because I was already through with her ass anyway.
I have a couple ways to beat one. I wont post it here, but its easy enough to be done.
Dr Olney, you won't share with the rest of us???
Dr Olney, you won't share with the rest of us??? Originally Posted by PennyLane

I have to agree.

Here we have a legitimate question that is directly hobby related in this case and is useful info that is not illegal to share.

After all you have received from so many here in this community, please won't you share your knowledge with us, Dr. Olney?

I had a friend who used to suffer panic attacks and was prescribed benzodiazepenes like Ativan and Xanax by her doctor. She claimed those medicines would calm the nerves enough to beat a lie detector test. She also said the polygraph examiner asks you what type of medications you are currently taking. I do not know if what he said would hold up in the real situation or not. I have never been there and I never do anything to be there, either.
I would of been happy to share it with everyone in private, but you let the cat out of the bag cpi3000. Any benzo will help you pass a lie detector test either polygraph or more advanced test. You need to know what your baseline response level would normally be in order to keep yourself at that level.

Of course an official test administered by a professional for admittance to any type of federal jobs or any job requiring a security clearance is required to ask if you have taken any type of medication that would help you to "fool" the test.

But in our world, this really wouldn't matter.

So dropping a Klonopin, Xanax, or Ativan would give you an edge but this requires practice.

I have taken a lie detector and passed... even though i was lying... its simple enough you have to sit super still... practice answering the questions without fluxuating your breath... brath slow and steady at the same depth and this will keep your heart rate normal. dont clench your muscles at all be calm and cool and collected and your good to go.... meditation is your friend as well as streching before hand. be hydrated and wear comfertable cool clothes as it will help you relax.
i dont recomend a benzo or opiate if you are not a regular user your so will likely notice the change as would any one who knows you..
  • Smerc
  • 08-23-2010, 10:56 PM
Google has quite a bit of information on the topic. I watched a movie once that shown someone using a thumbtack in their shoe, I guess to deter your mind from the question and put you at ease a bit, then again it was a movie. I will note that I seen it as a tip from a search I did. I don't really know the situation you're in, but from what the others said, I mirror most of the above.

Seems she got tipped off to something and I don't know how you patch things up after that, seems rather difficult. Especially from the route she is going, seems like a never ending obstacle course and she just wants to be the winner.
Sarah Owens is correct. Any polygraph can be defeated if you have confidence in yourself.

Polygraphs are very effective in the hands of a skilled examiner when the subject believes it might work and therefore becomes anxious. However they are worse than useless when the subject knows it can be defeated.