Drafts Are On....Here Are The First 5 Up To Chief's 1st Round Pick!!!

(1) Bradford to Rams
(2) Suh to Lions
(3) McCoy to Buccaneers
(4) Williams to Redskins
(5) Eric Berry to Chiefs....WOO HOO
(6) Okung to Seahawks
(7) Haden to Browns
(8) McClain to Raiders
(9) Spiller to Bills
(10) Alualu to Jaguars
Annnnddddd I'm Spent (Austin Powers) LOL. They are taking way too long between each pick. I have the attention span of a squirrel, and am about to go nutty waiting what seems to be years between each pick. You're on your own from this moment on LOL....
Best player available to fill the biggest need. Good pick...I guess only time will tell.
I'm a glutton for punishment, and I always get all my hopes up for the Chefs every season. Please let this season be better than last season, that's all I am asking for at this point LOL.
Damn, Berry landed at the Chiefs. . .that makes like three of four top defender picks in the last few drafts--you would think they would be a force by now.
The Chiefs have some good defensive players but there seems to be no team leader. Berry just might be able to provide that. He was a team captain for the Vols as an underclassman. I think that shows a lot of willingness to step up and that he has some maturity. Excellent pick!!!
I like the Berry pick (pun fully intended) and think he'll be a good addition. I know picking a safety isn't the sexiest position and it's uncommon to pick one so high, but the comparisons that everybody is making to some of the top safeties to ever play the game are hard to ignore. If the Chiefs are wrong with this one so were all the experts.

Now comes the tougher question: Who do you take next? If Jimmy Claussen is still there when the Chiefs pick in the second round do you take him?
They should probably do something to bolster the O line. They need to make holes and protect their current passer much more than they need another $30-40M QB.
  • Bubba
  • 04-23-2010, 07:50 AM
While I like their first pick, the Chiefs really need some offensive linemen. We haven't had a decent/consistent offense line in several years.
Don't be surprised if the Chiefs trade up in the 2nd round to get Jimmy Clausen. I think that Charlie Weis is lobbying hard to get Clausen - to have him drop to the 2nd round would be a gift. Shallow learning curve on the offense, and should be ready to take over about the time Cassel's contract is up. Berry is an excellent pick - in fact, there were four great options at the 3, 4, 5 and 6 spots - and any of the four (Berry, Okung, McCoy and Williams) would have fulfilled a need and been an excellent choice. Let's just hope Berry's actual performance lives up to his potential. And, yes, we need a good left offensive tackle - and soon.
I second the motion - offensive line. I don't think it matters who they have at QB...if they are constantly running for their lives.
I agree about the O-line, but the defense was ranked 30th and the offense 28th last year. Basically, we have a lot of holes to fill. I thought Eric Berry was the best option for the Chiefs. I say our two 2nd round picks will be an OT and depending on who is available, one of three other positions, WR, DB, or DT.

I was really happy with Denver's first round yesterday. I think they must have been channeling Al Davis on that pick. Now I admit, I really like Tebow. He just seems like a great kid. But, if I were an owner, I have to pick based on talent at the position. Tebow is just a very, very raw talent at QB. His throwing motion, the spread offense, his lack of defensive reading skills, his tendency for taking off if his first read is not there. Picking him in the first round is an awful pick. Hopefully, Denver will keep doing this the rest of the draft.

Omahan, congrats on your Husker going number two. I really think Suh and McCoy are some cannot miss DTs.

Oklahoma had a hell of a top five. Has there ever been another draft with 3 of the top 5 picks coming from the same university?
Tebow is a wild card. Once he figures out how strong and fast players in the NFL are, he will have to learn to read defenses and to check down his recievers...or he won't do very well. I think most people were shocked he went so high.

Having said that...the Broncos will always play the Chiefs twice...could Tebow run against the Chiefs? Right no, yep, all day long.
Having said that...the Broncos will always play the Chiefs twice...could Tebow run against the Chiefs? Right no, yep, all day long. Originally Posted by lacrew_2000
I agree with that, but no NFL team wants their QBs running the ball all day long. The occasional scramble, ala Mike Vick, is fine, but they don't want QBs taking the big hits RBs take.
The Tebow move kind of suprised me because he would have been there in the second, be hey its their money. I am thinking a little different than some of you. While a OT would be nice, with the addition of Lija, and Ocallahan's improvement I am not nearly as concerned about the line as I once was. I think Albert will be okay and moving him to right tackle me just screw him up. Hey it was not his fault they made him lose so much weight. While, the linebackers were not terrible last year, it is imperative that we improve the middle of the defense. Linebackers in the 3/4 scheme are critical for run defense. I would then look at more speed in the secondary. On the offensive side of the ball we NEED a deep threat speed receiver to keep the defense from stacking. We do not have a guy like this on the team right now. I then think we need to upgrade our TE position, get a play maker in the passing game, maybe Cincy would be interested in moving Chase.
Charles on the trading block? Injury were not aware of? if not then why in the hell would they draft a running back in the second round. What about all of the other pressing needs.... Man just when I am thinking good thoughts about Pioli, they pull a bone head move like this.