Chicago K9 ignorance is no excuse....

Personally I find it BS that you didn't know the rules of sharing information from the ML. You have been a member for nearly 2 years now. Personally, its common sense that you don't do that. I could maybe, and a big maybe at that, buy your bullshit excuse if you were a 2 month member but not when you have been on the board this long.

Space and Ztonk are great mods, but I think the call should be reversed. It is quite possible that the decision was made above their heads.

I disagree with Whispers though, a 30 day ban from the site and 60 days with no PA. 30 because of the fact, ChicagoK9 is not what one would consider a "newbie".

I believe a precedent should be set with this. If not, well then no one should be banned for doing what ChicagoK9 did in the future. The message that "it's okay to share ML in IF you confess and say you are sorry" sends is not a good thing overall for the site and its members.

ChicagoK9 earn back some board cred/respect and ask to be banned or voluntarily disable your account for awhile...

sixx
hear hear
Yes, I've been a member nearly two years, but I don't think I had double digit posts until about two months ago.
No, ignorance is no excuse, and I have accepted the decision of the mods.
Here's an alternate perspective: perhaps the decision was made BECAUSE I've been a member for so long, and have never had even a hint of a problem with anyone up to now. Perhaps, if I had a checkered history, the mods would have been a little more harsh. I don't know.
And I don't think the message is that it's okay if you own up afterward. In my mea culpas I've never even hinted that I thought it was okay. Possibly there was some consideration given to what I was trying to accomplish, i.e. get at the truth rather than vilify or attack someone.
I think the message is that the mods have some discretion in what consequences to mete out, they looked not just at the incident but at the entire situation, and they came to a determination.
As for a voluntary ban, I hadn't given that any thought, but I'm not sure how much cred or respect would be earned by running away. It seems to me that the best way to handle this is to stand up and be counted for what I did, vow that it won't happen again, and then show that my word is good by not letting it happen again. It's easy not to strike out if you never go up to the plate.

Not only do I not want to cross the line again, I never want to get close enough to SEE the line.
Lifes not fair...shit happens, time to move on.
Ban the tard.
  • ztonk
  • 10-13-2012, 07:50 AM
OK guys, I don't think we need yet another thread rehashing this incident and calling for bans and such.

As one of your unpaid volunteer moderators, and as the moderator who handled this particular situation, I want to state that what I felt was a suitable punishment was given here and I consider the case closed. I'm privy to more information than is publicly available, and if you want to second-guess me, that's fine. I have very thick skin.

As with just about every decision made by staff, there are those of you who will disagree, some of you LOUDLY, REPEATEDLY, and without regard to anything else. I'm sorry, but life here is imperfect. If you feel that justice has not been served, or just feel that I am a lousy moderator and need to be replaced by someone who can do the job better, by all means share your opinion with the owners and site admins. Oh, and be sure to volunteer to help keep some semblance of order and decorum around here.

ztonk
AustinModStaff

As with just about every decision made by staff, there are those of you who will disagree, some of you LOUDLY, REPEATEDLY, and without regard to anything else. I'm sorry, but life here is imperfect. If you feel that justice has not been served, or just feel that I am a lousy moderator and need to be replaced by someone who can do the job better, by all means share your opinion with the owners and site admins. Originally Posted by ztonk
I believe you have probably made THOUSANDS of decisions since the time that you became a MOD and I have felt no need to question any of them. Some even involved slapping my hand.

I think SOME decisions need to be made in a slower and more cautious manner weighing all the available information and gathering the opinion of other MODS.

I think there should be some standard preocedure for a case like this that involves probably

1) based on the evidence immediately banning the member involved and requesting his explanation be emailed.

2) Sharing all the information and explanation with other MODs

3) After weighing the opinion of others, making a decision

Here you have made a decision on your own and Yes, I am questioning it.

Maybe nothing comes of it. Heck. Probably nothing comes of it because by Monday I'll be too busy with other things to devote any time to continuing the discussions about the topic.

But it is the first decision I have questioned in a very long time.

I Do NOT believe you need to be replaced.

I do NOT believe that you are a lousy Moderator.

I DO believe that you and Space are over worked and under appreciated and that you probably need some help.

In the last few months we have more cases of members getting banned ad coming back as others over and over and over and we have seen MORE personal information outed and posted publicly than we have seen in three years.

That is why I feel that in cases like this, where you KNOW who did what that you take a harsh stand against it.

You had a member that became aware of another member sharing locker room information. He brought that information forward as well as the lady involved. The lady chose to allow herself to be involved.

I think it is a slap in the face of both of them that the member that shared PA information continues to have the same access to the site that he had before. I think it deserved a harsher statement being made that others would see and probably hear about.

Does he really deserve just a slap on the wrist or the same points someone receives for disrespecting a member in a thread when what he did disrespects the owners of the site as well as EVERY member that contributes to PA material?
I DO believe that you and Space are over worked and under appreciated and that you probably need some help. Originally Posted by Whispers
I agree Whispers they are overworked. So I'll throw my hat in the ring to give them a hand. Hell I'm half the work they're having to do anyway.
I agree Whispers they are overworked. So I'll throw my hat in the ring to give them a hand. Hell I'm half the work they're having to do anyway. Originally Posted by rocketride
Oh Gawd..

A) you don't have a hat!

B) You are as guilty as others of registering and reappearing with new handles so how can you MOD a system with polices that you feel compelled to go again

A few years ago I was ASKED to be a MOD. I declined feeling that I can be more supportive of the community being who I am and not having to think about how everything I posted could be construed if I had accepted.

I think MODs have a responsibility to the Owners of the site to help guide it in the direction the owners have charted.

As members we do not have our hands tied by that burden....

It is much more fun being a rebel!
Did I need to put LOL after it for the joke to be gotten?
It would suck having to point myself all the time!
And just imagine the meltdown thread.
I agree Whispers they are overworked. So I'll throw my hat in the ring to give them a hand. Hell I'm half the work they're having to do anyway. Originally Posted by rocketride
hahahahaha,

Ya the Bang Bro's can be mods (at least until our points are back to 0)
OK guys, I don't think we need yet another thread rehashing this incident and calling for bans and such.

As one of your unpaid volunteer moderators, and as the moderator who handled this particular situation, I want to state that what I felt was a suitable punishment was given here and I consider the case closed. I'm privy to more information than is publicly available, and if you want to second-guess me, that's fine. I have very thick skin.

As with just about every decision made by staff, there are those of you who will disagree, some of you LOUDLY, REPEATEDLY, and without regard to anything else. I'm sorry, but life here is imperfect. If you feel that justice has not been served, or just feel that I am a lousy moderator and need to be replaced by someone who can do the job better, by all means share your opinion with the owners and site admins. Oh, and be sure to volunteer to help keep some semblance of order and decorum around here.

ztonk
AustinModStaff
Originally Posted by ztonk
Z,

I hope this wasn't taken as a personal attack. You and Space do a GREAT job. Do I agree with everything, no but I know you guys do what you feel is best within the parameters that you are given by admins, owners, etc.

This thread was not intended to put heat on the mod staff but to put the heat on ChicagoK9. I personally think he should man up and give up his PA and/or disable his account for any period of time but then again, if he was much of a man, this thread wouldn't have been needed in the first place....

sixx
I think Z and Space do a great job and are fair and even headed, especially when all the shit is flying and it is their job to let even the Miss chicks and the 202 handles post freely until proven to not be who they say.

I don't agree that K9 should self impose or ban himself. If the rules allow him to get a slap on the wrist and move on then why should he have to do more then that. What I want to see a general change in his behavior. Not in his posting style as his posting style is his own and there is no reason to try and get everyone to conform to anyone else's style. Just think how boring this board would be if everyone posted the same. New talent wouldn't be discovered, new ideas wouldn't come about.

Should we put pressure on mod's as a few of us have said. The thing I respect most about Z and Space is that they don't let their personal feelings impact their decisions. They follow the rules and spirit of the board owners. It's like government, if we don't like the laws we go to the law makers to have them change them. In this case that is the owners. If the men expect leaks to be banned then there needs to be a rule that allows for that. In this case the rule posted said what shouldn't be done but I didn't see a punishment for such a breach. With no clear cut punishment in place all we can hope is that punishments are consistently equal.

I would expect that there is a way to make suggestions to the owners and as Whispers has said pressure has been but on in the past to pursue change and that is what needs to be done. If we as hobbyist want to have a more secure private area then we need to request these changes to the top.
It seems to go beyond ignorance.....

IS there anything positive this guy contributes?
  • kSoze
  • 10-17-2012, 10:23 AM
It seems to go beyond ignorance...
IS there anything positive this guy contributes? Originally Posted by Whispers
One might ask the same about you Whispers...