Travis County Sheriff on the take?

I've heard it's been reported that the owners of Perfect 10 and Sugars have paid Greg Hamilton over $39,000 in "campaign contributions." That's a lot of money for a Sheriff's race. I've also heard that his Deputies pass through those clubs regularly as if they own the place, walking by the desk without a word and doing whatever they like without the managers even speaking to them. Austin Police are never seen behaving this way in those clubs however, only the Sheriff's Deputies.

Pretty blatant shit.
I have seen them patrol the parking lot, but never in the club unless called for some specific reason. Maybe I am not there at the right time.
They tour the club as he said......

I really do not think though they are getting any special treatment. It's a right the club gives up to law enforcement in order to have a Liquor License I believe.

Some officers need a break and are voyeurs....
Who really cares. Better yet, why do you? With all the fun that can be had in these clubs. Why stir the pot.
As long as they're willing to pay the sheriff and you don't have to so what?
Not as if these club owners give two shits about your well being.
To them you're just another sleaz with a wallet to empty before sending you home frustrated and busted.
Good for the sheriff.
since both Sugars and P10 are licensed bars any police officer can enter at any time to do an inspection without a warrant. that would even include the dressing rooms and any other employee only area.

P10 is outside the city limits of Austin which is why you wouldn't regularly see APD in there. Sugars is inside city limits so that's another story.

in either situation, no police officer needs to "check in" with the door girl or any other employee there while on official business. if an undercover officer doesn't have to identify himself why would a uniformed officer have to announce his presence prior to entering?

if the owner(s) of a legitimate business want to contribute to a campaign fund how is it any different than if the owner of a grocery store or a sandwich shop chose to do the same?
imagine that
at least they don't have special squad for those joint like Dallas used to...
get a table dance drink and then go cry to a judge" CRY... She touched me CRY "
t