TCU beats OU

WTF
Week of upset.

Oregon, A&M, OU, Alabama all lost....along with Wisconsin.

Looks like Baylor will end up either #2 or 3. Most likely #3 behind FSU and Auburn.
And....(sigh)....the stinkin' Irish are in the mix, as well. That means (until someone can drop an L on them) we've got to put up with Lou (Sylvester the Cat) Holtz flappin' his mouth about how ND's gonna win the whole thing (oh, by the way, did he mention there's a statue of himself outside of their stadium? God, I'm so ready for him to go away.)

Yes....for the record....I hate / despise Notre Dame. And the movie "Rudy" sucked.
After a couple of season's of being mediocre at best in the Big 12, TCU looks great, Gary Patterson went out this last off season and brought in a new OC that would be better and keep up with the high octane offense that the upper teams in the conference possess to better compliment his already stingy defense. Another larger test for them will be next week having to have an away game at Baylor.
This proves that OU generally gets by on superb talent being modestly coached, not on good talent being well coached, and it's been that way since Bud Wilkinson retired. Recruit well enough and your mediocrity as a coach may not show.
  • grail
  • 10-06-2014, 11:53 PM
cuz ou SUCKS!
In a certain way, this win in a way should not be that surprising at all. This is not the first Patterson coached team to beat Stoops. TCU beat OU back in 2005 in Norman when OU had Adrian Peterson. Even during these last two years when the TCU offense has been offensive, TCU still managed to keep the combined losses in the last two years to 10 points. What is crazy about it is that TCU was 4-8 last year and only lost to OU by only 3 points.

Anybody thinking that OU lost to a bad team needs to judge it later on this season. Assuming TCU does not get hit with a bunch of injuries, I think TCU should win at least
8 games if not more this season.

Meacham and Cumbie are doing a great job with the offense. They have done a tremendous job in coaching up players and fixing an offense that was an absolute mess last year.