FL Deputy threatens to shoot concealed carry licensee and arrest him for accidental exposure of his gun

I really don't know what to make of this cops reaction. Apparently there is no duty to "inform" in Florida. The guy is completely compliant, and he and his wife say repeatedly he has a concealed carry license. In addition the cop says he pulled him over for an expired tag, and the guy says "my tag isn't expired". Apparently he didn't have an expired tag at all. Lawsuit apparently is pending on this.

Youtube video of over reaction of cop
I really don't know what to make of this cops reaction. Apparently there is no duty to "inform" in Florida. The guy is completely compliant, and he and his wife say repeatedly he has a concealed carry license. In addition the cop says he pulled him over for an expired tag, and the guy says "my tag isn't expired". Apparently he didn't have an expired tag at all. Lawsuit apparently is pending on this.

Youtube video of over reaction of cop Originally Posted by Stan.Dupp
BushyX 6 days ago
Actually you are wrong. The charges did not "stick" and the police officer resigned over this.
  • Laz
  • 09-07-2013, 09:50 PM
Dumb cop. It was interesting watching the wife's disgust with the situation. She was smart enough to shut up and not make the situation worse.
  • Old-T
  • 09-08-2013, 05:54 AM
Unfortunately I really can't say I am surprised. It's rural 1800s Florida. It's a cop who should never have been a cop and probably became one for all the wrong reasons.

There are a lot of good cops everywhere who risk their lives for relatively little money, but there are too many others who are on a power trip like this guy was.

Makes a very interesting counterpoint to that recent more notorious FL gun incident where the cops in that case had no problems with someone carrying--and using--a gun and it didn't even warrant a proper crime scene investigation.

I expect some of the crazies on here will miss the point, but it is this kind of extreme inconsistency that so greatly frustrates so many blacks, latinos, and whites. A person clearly does everything right and runs into a macho moron with a badge. Sadly that just makes life a whole lot harder for the good cops out there.
Remember " you are in a heap of trouble boy?"
It's like the cop saw the gun, and just shit himself instantly..lol He totally over reacts..
If you carry, have a few friends tell you if you are printing.

Interesting ruling in Texas. If you are carrying and the cop asks you if you are carrying you have to say yes and show him your license. If you aren't carrying and the cop asks you for your license you can say you "no sir", even if it's in your wallet.

If I get pulled over and the cop asks for my license I WILL tell the cop, because I carry SOB and I might reveal it.

Basically, don't scare the cop.
  • WTF
  • 09-08-2013, 12:39 PM
Had George Zimmerman become a cop , this would have been his reaction.
And you know this how?
  • WTF
  • 09-08-2013, 03:35 PM
And you know this how? Originally Posted by The2Dogs
Same way I knew the invasion of Iraq was a bad choice....it is called common sense.