August

Has anyone dined at August restaurant on Tchoupitoulas? I've heard its great but have also heard a cpl say more hype than anything.
The food is great at August for sure with talented chefs and fancy ambiance. But you are paying extra for the "fine dining" experience. If your looking for a John Besh kitchen specifically, I prefer Borgne. If your looking for 5 star cuisine minus the stuffiness, I recommend Patois. For good food, reasonable pricing, and something much more casual go to Jaquimo's. All top notch New Orleans food experiences by respected local chefs.
Totally off the subject Wiley64 but I like your avatar. My puppies name is Angus Young And on the subject, Oh MY God I love Jaquimo's! Haven't tried the other places Closet Freak (lol) mentioned. Where's Patois?
acdc rocks...hell yeahhhh

if you want great food...nola is awesome...and also mr jons in garden district
Closet Freak thanks for the info. I don't mind paying for good food & good service but you don't have to pay mega bucks for the two. I appreciate the info.

Dallas I know you are in the know when it comes to good NOLA eats any gal who likes ACDC is golden in my book!
Totally off the subject Wiley64 but I like your avatar. My puppies name is Angus Young And on the subject, Oh MY God I love Jaquimo's! Haven't tried the other places Closet Freak (lol) mentioned. Where's Patois? Originally Posted by veronica rose

Veronica, looks like we have something in common. I like your avatar too and your puppies look great! : )
That's pretty cool puppy name. I'm def an ACDC fan although I tend to prefer the Bon Scott years.
Never been to Jaquimo's , maybe you can be my guide one evening?
Jacque Imo's is my favorite restaurant in NOLA so far: "Warm Beer, Bad Food, Lousy Service" "Not-Famous Since 1997"
Veronica, looks like we have something in common. I like your avatar too and your puppies look great! : )
That's pretty cool puppy name. I'm def an ACDC fan although I tend to prefer the Bon Scott years.
Never been to Jaquimo's , maybe you can be my guide one evening? Originally Posted by Wiley64
Thank you, One of them is named Angus and the other one is Young HA
Kidding , thats just my dogs name.

And thanks! I just got some photos done so the avatar is bran new

Jaquimo's anytime!!
Jacque Imo's is my favorite restaurant in NOLA so far: "Warm Beer, Bad Food, Lousy Service" "Not-Famous Since 1997" Originally Posted by Old Horn Dog
Huh, I have actually only eaten there once. During Mid Summer Mardi Gra's last year and I loved it. Sorry you had a bad experience
Huh, I have actually only eaten there once. During Mid Summer Mardi Gra's last year and I loved it. Sorry you had a bad experience Originally Posted by veronica rose
No, no, no, no, NO: I wasn't being sarcastic--I've NEVER had a bad experience @ Jacque Imo's! It's my FAVORITE NOLA restaurant: their SLOGAN is "Warm beer, Bad food, Lousy service" on their sign out front, along w/"Not Famous since 1997". LOOK AT THE SIGN the next time you go! They have a sense of humor about the restaurant business--and I love the pick-up truck out front that people eat in when they're super-busy. I take everyone who visits to Jacque Imo's at least once.