Voter Suppression Backfires in Texas and Wisconsin!

• DSK
  • 06-11-2015, 04:40 PM
A bunch of lazy people who can't or won't get ID equals suppression in this screwed up country!!
A bunch of lazy people who can't or won't get ID equals suppression in this screwed up country!! Originally Posted by DSK
Lazy people don't get to vote? Holy shit, that knocks out at least half of the population.

I'll say what I've always said. The GOP voter suppression laws are despicable and designed to circumvent the Constitution in order to suppress the votes of folks who traditionally support Democrats.

Unfortunately for the judge who wrote the opinion, it will now go up on appeal to the 5th Circuit....who will reverse it.
Lazy people don't get to vote? Holy shit, that knocks out at least half of the population.

I'll say what I've always said. The GOP voter suppression laws are despicable and designed to circumvent the Constitution in order to suppress the votes of folks who traditionally support Democrats.

Unfortunately for the judge who wrote the opinion, it will now go up on appeal to the 5th Circuit....who will reverse it.
Originally Posted by timpage

“Fathom the hypocrisy of a government that requires
every citizen to prove they are insured…but not everyone
must prove they are a citizen. And now, any of those
who refuse, or are unable, to prove they are citizens will
receive free insurance paid for by those who are forced
to buy insurance because they are citizens.”
IB, you dumbshit, Ben Stein never even said that. You've posted a pant-on-fire lie

http://2politicaljunkies.blogspot.co...all-space.html

Unfortunately for the judge who wrote the opinion, it will now go up on appeal to the 5th Circuit....who will reverse it. Originally Posted by timpage
One thing that amazes me is all of the efforts to "suppress" the vote are in reality just efforts to instill some degree of responsibility in the voting public.

On the same note, if even 2/3 of the conservative/republican voting block would simply go vote, it would overwhelm the entire Democrat agenda.

If you don't vote, you should not complain. And if you are to lazy, stupid, or sorry to follow a few simple requirements, don't complain as well.
One thing that amazes me is all of the efforts to "suppress" the vote are in reality just efforts to instill some degree of responsibility in the voting public.

On the same note, if even 2/3 of the conservative/republican voting block would simply go vote, it would overwhelm the entire Democrat agenda.

If you don't vote, you should not complain. And if you are to lazy, stupid, or sorry to follow a few simple requirements, don't complain as well. Originally Posted by Jackie S
I don't think that's entirely true.

http://www.gallup.com/poll/151943/re...ependents.aspx

And it got worse for republicans a few years later

http://www.gallup.com/poll/166763/re...ependents.aspx

If you don't vote, you should not complain. And if you are to lazy, stupid, or sorry to follow a few simple requirements, don't complain as well. Originally Posted by Jackie S
I disagree with the premise that republican voter suppression laws are designed to do anything other than make it more likely that republicans will be elected. But, even if you are correct, being "responsible" isn't on the checklist of what is legally required to vote. That's just a variation on all of the arguments that have ever been advanced to suppress voters' rights. The requirement of being a landowner, the requirement of paying a tax, the requirement of having a penis.....historically, all of these voter suppression schemes were designed to prevent people from voting who legally ought to have the right to vote. It's fucking un-American.
IB, you dumbshit, Ben Stein never even said that. You've posted a pant-on-fire lie

http://2politicaljunkies.blogspot.co...all-space.html
Originally Posted by WombRaider
No where in that post did your retarded-ass see Ben Stein credited for that remark, you "#Grubered", freelance faggot, Odumbo Minion from Arkansas.
Another thought. Did you ever stop and think that when the Democrats constantly, time and time again, bring up opposition to even the simplistic requirements to prove one's eligibility to vote, (such as a picture ID), what they are really saying is, "these people are to Fukin' stupid" to do that".

Why do people allow themselves to be degraded in such a manner. How demeaning can it be to an entire voting block when someone gets up and says......"they're morons".
See the link:

http://www.thenation.com/blog/181942...and-wisconsin# Originally Posted by SeekingTruth
You ever stop to think that the 2 or 3% of the registered voters who didn't vote this last time shouldn't be registered? That perhaps they registered fraudulently (most people didn't have to show an id in order to register)? Or they may be dead and not taken off the roles? Or they weren't born US citizens so they can't get a birth certificate? And on and on and on....

Unfortunately for the judge who wrote the opinion, it will now go up on appeal to the 5th Circuit....who will reverse it. Originally Posted by timpage
You do realize other states voter id laws have upheld on appeal?

As I've stated before we'll all have to eventually furnish some unique permanent id in order to vote, have a job, use a credit card, rent an apartment, etc. It's coming.
Another thought. Did you ever stop and think that when the Democrats constantly, time and time again, bring up opposition to even the simplistic requirements to prove one's eligibility to vote, (such as a picture ID), what they are really saying is, "these people are to Fukin' stupid" to do that".

Why do people allow themselves to be degraded in such a manner. How demeaning can it be to an entire voting block when someone gets up and says......"they're morons". Originally Posted by Jackie S
No, no one thinks that. That's what a republican would come up with to make it about something other than what it's really about.
You ever stop to think that the 2 or 3% of the registered voters who didn't vote this last time shouldn't be registered? That perhaps they registered fraudulently (most people didn't have to show an id in order to register)? Or they may be dead and not taken off the roles? Or they weren't born US citizens so they can't get a birth certificate? And on and on and on.... Originally Posted by gnadfly
You think that only 2 or 3 percent of registered voters didn't vote in the last election?
I have an idea to thwart their evil plan. Instead of spending tons of money and time trying to prove voter suppression, spend a smaller percentage of those assets identifying voters without ID, and take them to get one. It would cost less, and take less time. But it would also prevent ineligible voters from voting. That is a problem for some candidates.