How Long Before Democrats Drive The Country Off A Cliff?

• WTF
  • 11-27-2018, 01:56 PM
Record Black Friday and Cyber Monday. Market moved Monday. Today fighting to stay even. Talking heads fixated on the 1% drop in mall foot traffic.

Talking heads fixated on how unhappy the Chinese are with our trade policies.

Talking heads fixated on how we can't let everyone in at the border.

Just ridiculous. Focus on the cliff. Originally Posted by gnadfly
Trumps driving the bus....talk to him.
Well Fed came out and said something that's being interpreted as "no rate hikes." Markets popped. Of course, Nancy wasn't going to say anything to get them not to raise rates. I expect market to hit 28K if they can cut a deal by Christmas with China or if they can whisper cutting a deal. Out around Christmas holidays. Won't be back in for many months.
So the new NAFTA, USMCA, was signed by President Trump and the associated leaders of MX and CA.

Now with the Dems having hold of the House there's talk of it not being approved by Congress. After all, the Dems have already told China to wait until they are sworn in "for a better deal."

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/...ned-g20-999748

From the left leaning Politico

Despite a push by a handful of Republican senators to vote on the agreement during the lame-duck session, procedural hurdles make it almost certain there won’t be a vote until sometime next year when Democrats are controlling the House. That’s jeopardizing President Donald Trump’s chances of fulfilling what has been a signature pledge of his presidency.
  • WTF
  • 12-01-2018, 10:19 AM
Sounds like Trump has been depressing the market according to your logic...
So the new NAFTA, USMCA, was signed by President Trump and the associated leaders of MX and CA.

Now with the Dems having hold of the House there's talk of it not being approved by Congress. After all, the Dems have already told China to wait until they are sworn in "for a better deal."

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/...ned-g20-999748

From the left leaning Politico

Despite a push by a handful of Republican senators to vote on the agreement during the lame-duck session, procedural hurdles make it almost certain there won’t be a vote until sometime next year when Democrats are controlling the House. That’s jeopardizing President Donald Trump’s chances of fulfilling what has been a signature pledge of his presidency. Originally Posted by gnadfly

Treaties are ratified by the Senate. The House has no procedural role in approving or rejecting treaties. Once passed by the Senate, treaties become law.
The Democrats are not driving the bus, Trump is. Originally Posted by WTF
On the hypothetical political bus, if a President, Senate and House were all Republican, why would they say that a Democrat was driving the country off the cliff. And in January you will have a Republican president and Senate. I don't understand the logic?
Treaties are ratified by the Senate. The House has no procedural role in approving or rejecting treaties. Once passed by the Senate, treaties become law. Originally Posted by I B Hankering
You are correct and I know this. I suspect Politico knows this also.

The point is the House, the Democratic side of the Senate and their MSM lapdogs can make President Trump's tenure unnecessarily difficult. Does the Senate just need 51 votes to ratify the treaty or is a higher number required?

The point is the House, the Democratic side of the Senate and their MSM lapdogs can make President Trump's tenure unnecessarily difficult. Does the Senate just need 51 votes to ratify the treaty or is a higher number required? Originally Posted by gnadfly
Thank God Trump has somebody to blame. I've never seen a President whine, bitch and complain as much as him. Watch him and listen to him. He plays the role of the Victim better than anyone I've ever seen. Then he convinces his base they he and he alone can rescue them. When shit goes wrong hes back to blame game. In psychology its called the Drama Triangle. Look it up. That's Trump. Bottom line is hes driving the bus

The point is the House, the Democratic side of the Senate and their MSM lapdogs can make President Trump's tenure unnecessarily difficult. Does the Senate just need 51 votes to ratify the treaty or is a higher number required? Originally Posted by gnadfly

Treaty ratification still requires a 2/3rd vote, but it would require the dims in the Senate, not the House, to derail it.

Treaty ratification still requires a 2/3rd vote, but it would require the dims in the Senate, not the House, to derail it.
Originally Posted by I B Hankering
2/3 to ratify a treaty. After the Red Wave at Midterms in the Senate that's a walk in the park. Especially since he makes friends so easily
More evidence...

Despite passing the "tipping point" a decade ago (or at least one of them) the Democrats have to create of Climate Crisis committee.
Getting rid of these regulations was a big reason for the market pop.

I can only imaging the business killing regulations coming out of this committee and sitting on the Turtle's desk.

https://thehill.com/policy/energy-en...green-new-deal
Dems met with President Trump today about $5B for a border wall. Forget that $5B in the whole Fed Budget is nothing. Forget that Dems have made appropriations before with Obama for border wall.

The funny thing is after the meeting they held a press conference. When the press started shouting questions Nancy tried to answer them. Word Salad. Schumer did better but was brief. Then they ran off. Hardly anything answered.

Press plays along too. Hardly any tough questions.
AND the DEMS went along with the other POTUS border money funding even Odumboo ( even fences and walls )
Just more TDS by the liberal-tard media
https://theconservativetreehouse.com...000-more-jobs/

Not just incredible. Fuckin' Incredible. Note prior quarter revisions. Deep State at work.

In December, average hourly earnings for all employees on private nonfarm payrolls rose 11 cents to $27.48. Over the year, average hourly earnings have increased by 84 cents, or ¹3.2 percent.

¹Remember, inflation is currently estimated at 1.6% to 2% (depending on sector). Lower tax rates, higher wages, low inflation combined with lower gas prices means extra money in workers pockets; quite a bit of extra money actually. This helps explain the more than six percent increase in 2018 holiday spending. Almost every economic benefit is central to Main Street USA (blue and white collar).

♦ The change in total nonfarm payroll employment for November was revised up from +155,000 to +176,000 (increase of 21,000; the change for October was revised up from +237,000 to +274,000 (increase of 37,000). With these revisions, employment gains in October and November combined were 58,000 more than previously reported.

After revisions, job gains have averaged 254,000 per month over the last 3 months. (BLS Links)