NFL draft tomorrow

Coach T says there’s no glaring weaknesses in the roster! Say what??? Has he not seen his O tackles tape? Both are below the line. Both are free agents next year. Not that any team covets them. But there are other holes. Corner, ILB, safety, DL.

My opinion, they should draft a tackle in the first round. Trade up if needed. I like Broderick Jones. I keyed on him this year. Athletic, big and nasty. He’s only 21. He’s going to get better. The kid from Tennesse is good also. I’d be fine with either one in the first round. Corner with the 32nd pick.

Your thoughts if any?
We're going to take Joey Porter Jr at 17 if he's there if not it's probably going to be the bank's kid from Maryland or Branch from Alabama 31 probably going to take the kid from Tennessee if he's not there the middle linebacker from Iowa
https://twitter.com/mikedupsports1/s...0AMolspcYxY9QA

TIFWIW. But I agree with Jones at #1. I think Peezy Jr is way overrated.
2 different mock drafts have jones falling to the steelers
I would prioritize tackle, but barring a trade up, the top tackles available will likely be gone. From what I have heard about the next tier tackles, a guy you could get at 17 isn’t going to be that much better than a guy you might get at 32 or even 49. If they don’t trade up and Jones and Paris Johnson are gone, I would prefer CB at 17 and get a tackle tomorrow. Probably it’ll be Joey Porter Jr., but Washington picks 16 and also needs a CB. Banks from Maryland or Branch from Alabama would be fine too.

Another thought- if the tackle they want is available at 17, I wonder if they could package the 32 and 49 picks to move into the back end of round 1 and bet someone like Banks or Branch if it looks like they might still be around in the something like the 20-25 range. Should be an interesting draft for us.
Gerry Dulac reported ( per inside info) they would trade up for Christian Gonzalez, CB from Oregon. That means trade up inside the top 10. I hope they don’t do that.
Broderick Jones YES!!!!!
good move
Broderick Jones YES!!!!! Originally Posted by bambino

PittsburghSteelers

Broderick Jones
Round 1 - Pick 14

OT
Position

School

• Draft Grade: B
  • Pre-Draft Rank: 23
  • School: Georgia
  • Height: 6' 5"
  • Weight: 311

Charles McDonald's Commentary
Broderick Jones is a little raw as a prospect, but there's no doubting his upside and movement skills at left tackle. For a team that really needed offensive tackle help, he's a quality dice roll.

good call

Coach T says there’s no glaring weaknesses in the roster! Say what??? Has he not seen his O tackles tape? Both are below the line. Both are free agents next year. Not that any team covets them. But there are other holes. Corner, ILB, safety, DL.

My opinion, they should draft a tackle in the first round. Trade up if needed. I like Broderick Jones. I keyed on him this year. Athletic, big and nasty. He’s only 21. He’s going to get better. The kid from Tennesse is good also. I’d be fine with either one in the first round. Corner with the 32nd pick.

Your thoughts if any? Originally Posted by bambino
PittsburghSteelers

Broderick Jones
Round 1 - Pick 14

OT
Position

School

• Draft Grade: B
  • Pre-Draft Rank: 23
  • School: Georgia
  • Height: 6' 5"
  • Weight: 311

Charles McDonald's Commentary
Broderick Jones is a little raw as a prospect, but there's no doubting his upside and movement skills at left tackle. For a team that really needed offensive tackle help, he's a quality dice roll.

good call Originally Posted by The_Waco_Kid
He was a good basketball player in Highschool. I haven’t seen a tackle move like him. And he’s nasty. He wants to bury you. He’s only 21, my guess he’ll be around 330 in the Pros. A huge upgrade from Dan Moore.

https://twitter.com/theponiexpress/s...0AMolspcYxY9QA

Watch him in High school. A natural left tackle and a complete animal

https://twitter.com/theponiexpress/s...0AMolspcYxY9QA
... GREAT call in-advance there, mate.
Not really surprised - as you mostly get these sporting
matters CORRECT, Bambino... on the old site also.

This Jones fellow surely seems to be a great addition
to the Steelers... I played football with a bloke
with the last name Jones when I was a lad.

#### Salty
Love the trade up and the pick of Jones. Interesting… Peazy’s kid is still out there for them at 32. I like that pick a whole lot better at 32 than I would have at 17. I would be surprised if it isn’t him with the first pick tomorrow.
... GREAT call in-advance there, mate.
Not really surprised - as you mostly get these sporting
matters CORRECT, Bambino... on the old site also.

This Jones fellow surely seems to be a great addition
to the Steelers... I played football with a bloke
with the last name Jones when I was a lad.

#### Salty Originally Posted by Salty Again
Watch him pull on this play and get downfield and pancake some poor kid

https://twitter.com/steelersdepot/st...0AMolspcYxY9QA

Not many tackles can do this. He does it with ease
Love the trade up and the pick of Jones. Interesting… Peazy’s kid is still out there for them at 32. I like that pick a whole lot better at 32 than I would have at 17. I would be surprised if it isn’t him with the first pick tomorrow. Originally Posted by Smarty1
I agree 100%. There’s still a lot of good players still there. They could trade back as well. It’s the most valuable pick Friday. I wouldn’t trade it though. Too many good players to choose from.
Rumor has it that 4 teams are in a bidding war for the 32nd pick. The Rams want Will Levits. Let the bidding start!!! Tune in at 7pm!