TOUGH Topic.... How to address STD ????

If you knew/know without a shadow of doubt and have evidence to back up claim that a person has an STD, how do you address it?

There is a rule in these types of forums that make it difficult if not virtually impossible to "do the right thing"

I am perplexed by the dilemma!

What say you?

Will check back in a day or two for response(s)! till then
Honesty would work best in my opinion. If I knew a provider had an std I would not do business with her. I would respect a provider for standing her ground on this. I disagree with you statement about doing the right thing. Staying safe will also keep you other customers safe.
It is illegal to disclose health information [HIPPA I think]
You would have to talk to a lawyer to know your best course

Where also this may affect things
Is where someone figured out that their company was laying off people because they had chronic health problems and now they got laid off. Cannot share this information except with a lawyer
This being your first post... bro... tell us those feels.

Failtroll is fail.
It is illegal to disclose health information [HIPPA I think]
You would have to talk to a lawyer to know your best course

Where also this may affect things
Is where someone figured out that their company was laying off people because they had chronic health problems and now they got laid off. Cannot share this information except with a lawyer Originally Posted by instfixer
HIPAA generally only applies to healthcare entities. So yes, if he knows about it bc he is her physician, he can't disclose. If he knows due to a session or something, HIPAA doesn't apply.
This being your first post... bro... tell us those feels.

Failtroll is fail. Originally Posted by cyborg
I do not understand if thats a question OR comment
HIPAA generally onl!y applies to healthcare entities. So yes, if he knows about it bc he is her physician, he can't disclose. If he knows due to a session or something, HIPAA doesn't apply. Originally Posted by Liliana Vess
Hmmmm, getting conflicting responses. Looks like I am going to have to do some more research AND contact my atty! I DID make a comment about this on A BOARD FORUM and got banned for it! It bothers me greatly that a moderator or admin can and WILL hear 1 side of a story (which we all know theres 3 sides) and "drop the gavel"! Even when I wrote privately and offered to provide PROOF of my allegations I got ignored!
It bothers me greatly that a moderator or admin can and WILL hear 1 side of a story (which we all know theres 3 sides) and "drop the gavel"! Even when I wrote privately and offered to provide PROOF of my allegations I got ignored! Originally Posted by chivalrynotdead
When you post info like this, you leave a moderator absolutely no choice in the matter. We have to enforce the rules as written. Don't put your mods in the position to have to do something and you won't have any issues. For reference here it is:

http://www.eccie.net/announcement.php?f=5
#16 - Posting about/Speculating about another person's medical condition is strictly forbidden. If a member encounters a medical issue and would like to get feedback from others or share it with the community, this would be allowed, but under no circumstances is a member to discuss or state anything about another member in this regard, unless it is in response to a question posed by that member.
There is no wiggle room there. If you are unhappy with the rules here there are 2 choices for you to make. Don't be a member here, or petition the site ownership for a change in the rules. They made the rules and they are the only ones that could change them. So don't come on here complaining about "the mods and admins" when you very clearly put yourself in violation of the rules...the same rules you agreed to follow when you signed up as a member here.
If you knew/know without a shadow of doubt and have evidence to back up claim that a person has an STD, how do you address it?
How would you know without a shadow of a doubt unless you had been to a DR. and had been diagnosed? If that is the case you should have given all you previous sexual relations contact information to the clinic so they could contact them for treatment.

There is a rule in these types of forums that make it difficult if not virtually impossible to "do the right thing"
The right thing would not be done by posting here but instead follow any medical advise given by you DR. and providing them with the correct information on anyone you have had sexual contact with.

I am perplexed by the dilemma! Originally Posted by chivalrynotdead
I am perplexed that people think posting on a message board is the correct way to handle a medical condition. Of course could be a troll.
I don't know - I understand there's some liability for the boards - but if there's some kind of proof, that seems like the sort of information I'd want to know about a provider before I visit. I'm not living in crazy town, right?
I guess I understand your frustration in not being allowed to warn others, if this is indeed factual. But the rules exist to provide privacy for both providers and hobbyists alike. The other reason this rule exists is to stop disgruntled hobbyists/providers from falsely accusing their counterparts and hurting their reputation or means of making a living.

Like the above posts said, have your doc report it to the proper state medical authorities and give full disclosure of all your recent sexual partners. At this point you have a responsibility to man up with full disclosure so other people that you have had contact with can get themselves checked out and get treatment if needed.

This will probably be embarrassing and hard on you, but the right thing to do is rarely, if ever, the easy thing to do.

Good luck, and hope all works out for everyone involved.......
Don't fuck pigs aka LE and you should have no problems.
So here I was, checking the internet for lulz and came back upon this thread...

What do I find? An instance of Mods doing excellent work. Good call and well done. The only STD this noobtard had was between his ears.
HIPPA prevents your doctor, insurance company etc, all those professional companies from giving out your medical information.

IMHO, if you contracted an STD from a provider and you have proof, I would PRIVATELY take it up with said provider. If you are a provider and you realize you have and STD, I would be contacting as many clients as you can that you have seen in the recent months to urge them to get tested. But do so PRIVATELY.

But NEVER EVER mention a person's medical condition on here! (even if they band aide on their arm for an ant bite)
Although I previously posted on this subject
I will give it a new angle

Lets say someone publicly discloses my chronic health condition [nothing to do with any std]
I will visit some blood thirsty lawyer
I will sue that someone for everything that they have
HIPAA or NO HIPAA [Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act (I think I got that right)]