59 and 610 interchange

This has got to be one of the most costly, non ending highway projects in the country.

The problem all because a major shopping center was put in an area where shoppers come from the shopping center, and make 1 or 2 lane changes to get onto the lane they need. The original developer Gerald Hines should reimburse the highway construction cost !
6 years prior to when the galleria opened up :

http://www.reddit.com/r/houston/comm...e_galleria_in/

V-man, uh what about Transco (now Williams tower), Best Buy, several area hotels, the buildings on the NW corner of Westheimer and 610 (in the photo - trees!). All the apartments and condos on Sage and along the ramp from 610S to 59S. Might think about all of that as well.

Developers surely didn’t envision close to 10 million peeps in the 8 county area. And counting with our B-sponsored “newcomers” flooding in from all over the world! 2024! Cmon man, lol
I'll go out of my way to avoid the area.

Even if my route takes me longer, I'd still rather drive a little bit out of my way than to sit in that traffic.

I can't even remember the last time I went to the Galleria area. I hate it.

I can't believe people actually live over there - by choice!!!!!
I drive through the interchange once a week, and that is one time too many. It is always always a crawl. A lot of progress has been made. I have been impressed with the jigsaw like puzzle that has been constructed, partially deconstructed, the constructed again. It has been a painstaking project, designed to alleviate one of the most congested areas in the country.

As far as the Galleria area itself goes, there are some pretty good restaurants. Kenny and Ziggies is one of my favorites and has been around forever, though, I did like the old place better than the new one. Transco Tower is cool, and the Water Wall is somewhere that I take visitors when they come from out of town (I have not been in quite awhile). I used to go to Willie G's quite a bit....some really tasty food.

If folks live in a high rise there they don't have to do a lot of driving around. It is those of us who drive through the area on our way to some place else that get caught up in traffic hell.

This is making me think of the Ice skating rink in the Galleria. I remember going there way back in the early 1970's. Thought it was pretty cool. Is it still there?

jpb
If a provider says she is near that interchange I pass!