meet n greet

So a constant problem I run across in west texas is le. Seems like in these smaller cities that its all eyes on you. While n ft worth n austin ive seen that they have lunch meet n greets. I think this is something we should do in this area to help alleviate nervousness and help promote membership inthis area where bp is a more common promotion. Just a thought
Glad to hear you are open to it. I have suggested that to providers in the past, and typically get a negative response.
O I think its a easy way for us to get to know each other and be sure of each others safety
Interesting concept.
Sounds like something I would be interested in
I think that's just what west tx needs ..... I am up for it
I am a fan of meet and greets. I have done this mainly with BP providers. I helps clear the air of suspicion. I have been able to discuss the menu and services offered. Sometimes I have made a small donation and other times it was predetermined no cash would be exchanged. Usually the meeting only last 5 to 10 minutes.

A big plus is to actually see what she looks like in person.

I have followed up with a session on all but one of these providers.
Seems like a good deal, only problem is, like you said, Dallas/Austin/Houston...can get most places in 45 minutes if you wanted too. West TX, each city would have to get their own and its not like you could meet everyone
Phrasing I think if the three cities would rotate monthly it would work. There is only three cities n this area n as a provider I travel to them all within a month. N would make a point to b there for the meet n greets
Abilene, Amarillo, lubbock, midland/Odessa, el paso
I think that's just what west tx needs ..... I am up for it Originally Posted by US Jordan
Yes! It would prove to me that hobbyists do indeed exist here in West Tx. Good idea
I was on another site when I lived in California and they always had gatherings. I would be down to have one here in Lubbock.
Thinking it is great concept too!
Many say they'd love to M&G in a small group, but, there are multiple issues to consider.

-- Security, of course, meaning the possibility of LE, the probability of unvouched intruders

-- Self-outing, being seen/recognized by civilians who know you.

Reality is:

Need for a base group of well-vouched providers and well-vouched hobbyists, say 6 to 8 of each, because, when the time for a meeting arrives, probably only half of each might show up.

Another thing is eccie's rule 30 which allows some discussions of events, but seriously interferes with pre-event public discussion.

As an M&G organizer for many years, let me know privately if you'd like some counsel and experience. See my signature for calendar in Austin and San Antonio and some other info.
Abilene, Amarillo, lubbock, midland/Odessa, el paso Originally Posted by Phrasing
San Angelo