San Jose Costa Rica

So how many here have been to the Del Ray, The Sportsman's Lodge or The Hotel Havana. My three favorites.
San Jose is cool....but do some research on Jaco and Tamarindo.
Im planning a trip for the end of May, my finally free of kids trip, cleanse the soul, but getting hammered first lol
I've been traveling to CR since the early 90s. Probably made 20 trips over the years. The three places you mention are fine but there's so much more to SJO than just the pink hotel. I never stay at the Rey.. its a pit in my opinion. The best thing about the Rey is taking a noob there and watching his eyes pop out as he walks in the door then then walks the bar.

Bill at Sportsmans does provide for a great party and I usually try to hang there for a few days on each trip.

I'll be heading back in August for sure but might go back sooner. Anyone else up for a trip to the gulch late March or early April.
When you have hung out at Termas Centaurus in Rio de Janerio going anywhere else is just not the same. But I heard those places are nice. Where's Squirel88 when you need him.
Im planning a trip for the end of May, my finally free of kids trip, cleanse the soul, but getting hammered first lol Originally Posted by chellachella
I thought your trip to Houston was this week or next.
Next week, Im putting out some feelers. It is possible I may have to relocate there, Ill know more in a few weeks. Id like to live close to water, and suggestions?

Sorry for jacking the thread, back to Costa Rica, has anyone hit up the resorts? Or are you guys talking about bars lol
My bad.
Assumed that when you said soul cleansing and hammering you were referring to your Houston trip.
Nope that is the Costa Rica plan lol.
I've been to CR twice, most recently this past Halloween. Matter of fact, several of my good friends are leaving today for there. United has added a third daily flight to SJO.

Stayed at the HDR in San Jose both times, not the best accommodation, Spartan rooms, but clean. Went to Jaco both trips and Los Suenos. My SO figured out what goes on down there, even though I never told her I stayed at the Hotel Del Rey and was at the Blue Marlin and Sportsman Lodge a lot. I will go back, but it be UTR, hope she never looks at my passport stamps closely, lol.

Halloween parties at SL and HDR were FUN! >150 Ticas for sure in the HDR, for SL party, much smaller place, but packed to the gills with Ticas.

I love CR.
When you have hung out at Termas Centaurus in Rio de Janerio going anywhere else is just not the same. But I heard those places are nice. Where's Squirel88 when you need him. Originally Posted by BigLouie

+1 oh the memories......lol........
Look at Jaco, A lot of the ladies from San Jose travel down to Jaco on the weekends. I have a place in Jaco and travel there 4 times a year. Cocal is the place to go for the ladies right now but heard the Beatle Bar is opening back up soon under another name. The fishing there has been the best it has been in several years.
When you have hung out at Termas Centaurus in Rio de Janerio going anywhere else is just not the same. But I heard those places are nice. Where's Squirel88 when you need him. Originally Posted by BigLouie

I have to agree, the high-end termas in Rio are hard to beat! Now if only the cost would go back to Costa Rican levels it would be perfect

On topic though, I've heard great things about Jaco and the pool parties at the Cocal
There's a nice Marriott in San Jose. Pulled a few hotties out of the Blue Marlin.
A lot of the hotels in SJ either don't allow the ladies now or charge up to $40 to let them in the room. Not so much I Jaco. There are places that may charge $10 guest fee to let them in. Also it is a lot safer in Jaco after dark compared to SJ.