Amazon and Microsoft Directors Charged in Prostitution Sting

An article from January that better describes how this group operated:

http://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-...s-to-be-filed/

This wasn't just a bunch of average johns busted for posting reviews on a website.
Some stand up guys right there!
Thanks for the reference.
Yeah the fucking " Pillars " of the community. I love it
The term "directors" may be accurate, but it's also misleading. Given what their actual positions were, it's akin to calling the woman who answer's a general's phone "defense secretary."
More importantly, their club (The League) had a direct connection to the traffickers. Not all the members may have known how close the association was, but it appears to be close enough to at least get them all arrested on felony charges.

That's enough to ruin a few lives.
Some stand up guys right there! Originally Posted by mrredcat43
Yeah the fucking " Pillars " of the community. I love it Originally Posted by Pillikari
What's so different about these guys than the 100's of Dudes who visit the AMPs locally and write reviews on this and other sites?

Most of us are pretty sure human sex trafficking goes on at the AMP's and the Asian shared group incalls around town, but we choose to play dumb, pretend it probably isn't happening...Not me, don't go to or see them anymore.

Making fun of these guys when they're just like most of the standup, pillars of our community here is a FUCKING JOKE and hypocritical.
The differences.

1. Some of the gents involved actually had a hand in running the brothels.

2. A specific site aside from the review board was created with the specific intent of promoting these brothel girls. A lot of the gents involved in the arrests were part of the creation of the board.

3. Many of the people arrested were caught on tape acknowledging that the ladies were all most likely trafficked. It is one thing to write reviews and have the semi-anonymity.. but the guys arrested here were on tape with a direct link to knowing they were likely helping promote trafficking. Its a big distinction.

As time goes by-- this is going to be an angle that a lot of agencies attempt to use. I'd suggest one do their best to "buy indy" whenever they can. At the very least, I'd advise one not to brag about their "trafficked" conquests.
So I went to that review board site and it's been seized by King County Law Enforcement. Supposedly it has 23,000 members. So by seizing it, they (the Law) is saying EVERYONE is considered guilty until proven innocent?
They aren't going after the "common" membership, stating they at most committed misdemeanors (difficult to prove they even did that).

The second, more exclusive group of about 50 members, is the one getting hit with more serious charges.
I'm fully in support of our little hobby being decriminalized.

Having said that-- I'm also 100% in support of true traffickers and pimps being prosecuted and ran out of town on a rail. NO woman should be forced into this. It should be a lifestyle of choice.
They aren't going after the "common" membership, stating they at most committed misdemeanors (difficult to prove they even did that).

The second, more exclusive group of about 50 members, is the one getting hit with more serious charges. Originally Posted by TinMan
There is reason number one to avoid the small exclusive "cliques" and private boards. If you have studied hobby history, like the Tinman has, these private exclusive elite boards are usually brought down by one or two members and infiltrated by the local or federal constabularies for crossing over into the "pimping and promotion" side of the business. These elite groups often have direct connections with traffickers, brothel owners, or be running their own girls with members getting special pricing. It's all fun and games until they show up with warrants, arresting you, searching your house, etc.. And if you were idiot enough to be directly involved in the promotion or trafficking, they seize all your assets; even the ones that were paid for with legit money.

The point is not to stray from the basic formula:
Fuck, pay, leave, and STFU.

Everybody who tries to re-invent the wheel or get the bigger, better deal, pays for it in the end.

Thus endeth the lesson. See y'all again in another couple of months... maybe.