Supreme Court Decision Allows Sandy Hook Relatives To Sue Remington

I don't get their courts rationale. Where did they market the gun to boys? The guy stole his mother's AR-15.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ed/2565344001/

There's a lot of implications here.
  • WTF
  • 11-12-2019, 05:16 PM
I don't get their courts rationale. Where did they market the gun to boys? The guy stole his mother's AR-15.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ed/2565344001/

There's a lot of implications here. Originally Posted by gnadfly
My guess is this will be similar to how Cigarettes turned out....we might wind up with e-guns killing people!

Of course that will be 30 years from now....

I think it's more of an action to just kick it back down to the lower courts so that a precedent can be set. If the manufacturers of the firearms are allowed to be sued, then it will open the door for the manufacturers of anything else someone may use to harm others: cars, tools, sports equipment, etc. Plus, if I recall correctly, Adam Lanza was not the one who purchased the firearms. They belonged to his mother, whom he killed. And he had a focus and fascination with violent games and mass killings. So if this goes to a lower court, it is likely to get shot down and then that will set the precedent. Or, I could be completely wrong, it will get shopped to super liberal judge, and the judge will immediately award the families two minutes after striking the gavel.
I think the scotus want to see where this goes regarding the marketing argument.

there are holes in the marketing argument. adam didn't buy the gun, his mother did and he stole it.
I think the scotus want to see where this goes regarding the marketing argument.... Originally Posted by dilbert firestorm
Agree on the marketing thing.
Kid stealing the gun is an entirely separate issue that will be dealt with afterwards.
Of course the plaintiff is going to use "Marketing" as the game. There's nothing else.
If that does go anywhere, defense will be all over the stolen fact.
Sad really what the overall question gonna do IE sue car makers coffee pot makers just think