Where have the Austin mods gone?

Obviously they are still here as shown by the recent deleted first post in the alerts section and the moving of a thread here to the sandbox. However, both were done without the normal post from the mod doing the work offering a brief explanation for the change.

Also, there seems to be a growing backlog of unprocessed reviews.

I am aware it is a voluntary position, but it does seem odd to continue to post in the welcome section as ffireman did yesterday while such seemingly strange behavior is afoot.

On several occasions, I have offered to lend my community moderation experience to the staff here. This time I do so publicly, as it appears assistance is needed.
I think you have to blow the powers that be to make that happen.

I heard they were all making way for Whispers and rockerrick to replace them.

IB
Only rats jump ship, the rest will be going on the all expenses paid party cruise.

Can't wait.....

Do you think you could be fair? I have a feeling you would start banning people on your assumptions instead of facts. You tend to favor people, which is ok, but not for a mod. But I could be wrong.
I feel you Bob. I still have a review out there that I wrote July 22nd and it still hasn't been posted in the providers showcase. I've notified them and they replied back done and still nothing and that was last week. I also, alerted them. I don't know what else to do
Contact us at left of page in main menu section.
Do you think you could be fair? I have a feeling you would start banning people on your assumptions instead of facts. You tend to favor people, which is ok, but not for a mod. But I could be wrong. Originally Posted by Deznuttz
ALL mods have favorites, and the current ones have had their share of accusations of favoritism and the like. As for my opinion, it doesn't effect my business so it's literally none of my business.

We all have our favorites, who cares? The point is can you be fair and reasonable while moderating the board.

You're welcome to show where Bob has been anything but fair and reasonable.

I'll wait...
  • Toyz
  • 08-11-2015, 08:25 AM
MODS should have term limits. Over time friendships develop and debts are owed. This is true in any form of government. On occasion you need to purge the imcumbent and get back to the basics of the job.
Do you think you could be fair? I have a feeling you would start banning people on your assumptions instead of facts. You tend to favor people, which is ok, but not for a mod. But I could be wrong. Originally Posted by Deznuttz
Even though the local mod vetting process has not been a public affair in the past. I'll go ahead and answer your questions.

Obviously, I think I would be fair. I also doubt banning is a unilateral decision that isn't discussed with other mods.

I tend to favor people; over what? dogs? I assure you I don't. Taxes? .. maybe a poke in the eye with a sharp stick? yeah most of the time.

If what you mean is that my friends would get special treatment? You are probably right, As I tend to hold my friends to a much higher standard than the general public and so anything controversial involving them I would be far more critical of their words. ie: being my friend would be of no advantage or garner any slack. That said people here that I would count as friend wouldn't fill the fingers on one hand.
[QUOTE=Bob McV;1057054402]Even though the local mod vetting process has not been a public affair in the past. I'll go ahead and answer your questions.

You made it a public affair when you started the thread.
ALL mods have favorites, and the current ones have had their share of accusations of favoritism and the like. As for my opinion, it doesn't effect my business so it's literally none of my business.

We all have our favorites, who cares? The point is can you be fair and reasonable while moderating the board.

You're welcome to show where Bob has been anything but fair and reasonable.

I'll wait... Originally Posted by Miss Valentina

Keep waiting sweetheart, if you think I'm going back through threads, wasting my time to find proof, you are sadly mistaking. Doesn't matter enough to me.
Just stated an opinion of what I noticed. That's all.
Take it or leave it. Idc
Sixxypoo is at my house eating left over birthday cake. That's all I know. Coachpaul pulled a hammie doing 3 girls at once. He's on the bench for a couple of days. I heard Ztonk ran off with some Russian ballerina he met at pottery barn. ffireman found a provider that's a fire fighter woman. They've been tending to 4 and 5 alarm fires while having sex in the fire trucks. He's modding, but so distracted by how his new chick works the pole... a man can only handle so much!!

Yep. I suspect there's definitely some fuckery going on. I bet they are totally doing it on purpose just to mess with us!!
The obvious answer is that the people that make the decisions do not have an interest in you for some reason.
On several occasions, I have offered to lend my community moderation experience to the staff here. This time I do so publicly, as it appears assistance is needed. Originally Posted by Bob McV
Modturbating is like duct tape: it has a bright side, a dark side, and it holds eccie together.