How to Handle Blast from the Past

I recently experienced an almost fatal cardiac event at a medical facility. The medical assistant was my old flame - a sugar baby from over 20 years ago. I recognized her. She did not recognize me. She had aged much better than I.

The stress was multiplied when this medical assistant started asking my wife personal questions about me as I was frozen in shock.

I then requested directions to the mens room and headed straight to my car. My wife followed a few steps behind me.

Many thoughts have crossed my mind since that day. Still tempted to rekindle old flame. I also hear the click of my spouse's revolver.

Has anyone else encountered a similar situation?
How did she not recognize your name? When she was your old flame did you use an alias?
How did she not recognize your name? When she was your old flame did you use an alias? Originally Posted by Admiral Giggle
My real life name is uncommon. I always have used a more common nickname.

Providers use false identities. I have always tried to stay below the radar by using a separate hobby identity. Only a few ladies have learned the complete story.
If it was really her, I bet she DID recognize you, and it sounds like she handled the situation perfectly.

Providers use false identities. I have always tried to stay below the radar by using a separate hobby identity. Only a few ladies have learned the complete story. Originally Posted by Sasquatch

Jack Ripper? Were the commies flouridating your water?
Jack Ripper? Were the commies flouridating your water? Originally Posted by slowmover
I learned a few things from working overseas. Had a great time with ladies all over Eastern Europe & Middle East.

Paranoia is a way of life.

Just because you are not paranoid doesn't mean they are not after you.
i’ve never encountered any of my past provider consultants in the real world (knock on wood)
glad you made it out alive!!

i dont recommend rekindling that flame. maybe find a provider who looks like her and/or has similar skills & likes.
i dont think you wanna wind up in a hospital again (stress and/or bullet/knife wound)

btw, what were you at the medical facility for? and you just cut out? to hell w/ the appt or condition??
again, glad you made it out alive!!
I'd like a definition of "sugar baby" in this context. Do you mean you two had an exclusive arrangement?

In any case, I'm sure she had no desire to be found out anymore than you did. Especially at her place of employment.
i dont recommend rekindling that flame. maybe find a provider who looks like her and/or has similar skills & likes.
i dont think you wanna wind up in a hospital again (stress and/or bullet/knife wound) Originally Posted by pmdelites
DITTO THAT. Run away.
I'd like a definition of "sugar baby" in this context. Do you mean you two had an exclusive arrangement?

In any case, I'm sure she had no desire to be found out anymore than you did. Especially at her place of employment. Originally Posted by Samhyde
She was a damn good looking 30yr old. Smart at some things. Dumb at others. 2yr old baby at the time. Husband in jail. She helped me through dark times in my world. I returned the favor many times over.

Not sure if I was exclusive but we had a great 3-4 year run together.
i’ve never encountered any of my past provider consultants in the real world (knock on wood)
glad you made it out alive!!

i dont think you wanna wind up in a hospital again (stress and/or bullet/knife wound)

btw, what were you at the medical facility for? and you just cut out? to hell w/ the appt or condition??
again, glad you made it out alive!! Originally Posted by pmdelites

I was in for a consultation for future procedure. Not immediately required. Not an emergency at all.
I would just Leave IT Alone , just saying , a lot less drama
She would have recognized you , even with age progression, if you had a 3-4 year thing. She handled it well. You were a piece of meat in the hospital, and she was doing her job. She needed to cover her ass so the questions were asked of the wife. She was trying to save / aid your life, not end it by the wife killing you. That's her job.

But oh boy, I can only imagine the pucker factor at that moment.
I worry bout waking up from aenesthesia and blabbing about things...