Favorite veggie recipes

What are some of your favorite veggie dishes. I am bored of the same old stuff.
Google broccoli riice.tofu ginger sauce. I cook that once in a.while.
You might try
http://topics.nytimes.com/top/news/h...lth/index.html
That is an archive of Martha Rose Shulman's recipes on the NY Times website. There is a twenty (I think) article per month access limit before their paywall kicks in. There are some free access recipes at http://www.martha-rose-shulman.com/archives.htm as a starting point. All of the Times recipes are not vegetarian but the great majority are. These tend to be a little on the complicated side but you can learn to simply them to fit your pantry and food store. I get the impression you are resourceful

Ms Shulman used to be an Austinite, BTW, and wrote a vegetarian food column for the Statesmans, once upon a time.
Try looking up some middle eastern/mediterranean dishes.
I made this last night, substituting in fresh Thai chilis instead of the pickled serranos and it was both very hot and very good:

Stubb's Serrano Pepper Cheese Spinach

Prep time: 15 minutes,
Cook time: about 10 minutes

1 lb. frozen chopped spinach
8 oz. cream cheese, cut into chunks
1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
1/4 cup chopped pickled serrano or jalapeņo
peppers
1 tbsp. minced fresh garlic
1 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. freshly ground pepper

Directions
Cook spinach according to package directions, taking care not to overcook. Drain well in a colander; press out excess water with the back of a spoon or spatula. Place remaining ingredients in a medium saucepan. Add spinach; cook and stir over medium-low heat until cream cheese melts and mixture is hot and bubbly.
Braised Fennel
Cut stems and root end. Half or quarter depending on size. Boil in salted water five min. Drain and reserve. Saute in butter to get a little burn or caramel. Cover with stock (normally chicken, but use what you have or depending on the main dish). Add juice from half lemon, and salt/pepper to taste. Bring to simmer. Cover and braise in oven 325 deg 45 min or until very tender. Liquid should be mostly gone. Remove cover and scatter a cheese. I use Gruyere, but you can use a Parmsean or whatever your taste. Dot with butter, if you wish too but not necessary. Place uncovered under broiler to get a golden crust. Ready to serve.

Baby Bok Choy is a good and different one too. I often simply braise it on the stove top with a stock. Sometimes, I'll saute it before too. Make a lot and cut em up for omelets the next morning. I always make my own stocks and keep them frozen in various amounts to cook with. My stocks are much more flavorful and less sodium than store bought.

Brussels Sprouts is another good one, IMO.
Cut ends. Discard a layer or so of leaf and mark a half inch X on the bottom so that they cook better. Boil in salted water until cooked. Drain and swirl in butter. Serve.
You can kick em up with some spices like a dash of nutmeg if you like, but I prefer as they are.
Another found on the road less traveled:

Endives with Lemon
Cut one pound Endives on diagonal. Place in mix bowl and season with half tbsp sugar, juice of half or one full lemon, salt and pepper, by hand. Heat 3 tbsp butter in fry pan. Cook as hot as you can w/o burning butter for no more than three min stiring two or three times. Do not over cook and serve immediately.
I could go on. No need to be board with veggies.

Artichokes
Cut ends and about 3/4 inch of tops. Rub with lemon. Boil in salted water with one or two crushed garlic cloves, bay leaf and the lemon rind. Cook till done and drain. They are fun to eat as everyone tosses the leafs into a common bowl on the dinner table. Serve with a mayonnaise sauce you can either make yourself or add things like (grated real) Parmesan to Best Foods mayo. Some prefer melted butter to dip too. Eating them is half the fun. The outer leafs are pulled and eaten separately or in groups of two or three. When down to the smaller leafs, you can simply grab them all from the heart being careful to remove any stickers. Then carefully cut the remaining stickers from the heart meat. Cut into bite size, and dip in your sauce.
Also made this last night:

Better Than Mashed Potatoes - Cauliflower
1 large head of cauliflower
8 oz cream cheese, cubed
8 oz cheddar cheese, shredded
4 green onions, chopped
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
4+ pieces of bacon, fried crisp and chopped
paprika

1.) Cook cauliflower until soft (about 8-10 mins), drain well and mash with a fork
2.) Put in a greased 8"x8" baking pan or a 2 qt casserole
3.) Mix in the cream cheese, cheddar, green onion, salt, pepper & bacon
4.) Dust top with paprika
5.) Bake at 350F for 20-40 mins, until top is brown and bubbly

Notes:
- I use at least 6 strips of bacon because..., well, it's bacon!
- It's great to pour the mixture into disposable aluminum pans (without baking) and freeze for a future meal.
Thank you, Greymouse, I will look that up.

Zabrina, I love Persian food!

Austin65, I am going to the grocery shopping tonight!! That sounds so delicious even though it defeats my purpose of eating healthier, lol.

Squarenot, I want to marry you!
I propose that the OP is evil, and is trying to mislead us.

I estimate that there is nothing wrong with a little meat under your veggies.

Please allow me to demonstrate:

Should be able to find some ideas this weekend
http://www.texasvegfest.com/
Take a head of cauliflower, and cut it into florets of about equal size. Toss it with some olive oil and salt. Put the pieces cut side down (if they have a cut side) and roast it in a 400 degree oven for 30-45 minutes.
Take a head of cauliflower, and cut it into florets of about equal size. Toss it with some olive oil and salt. Put the pieces cut side down (if they have a cut side) and roast it in a 400 degree oven for 30-45 minutes. Originally Posted by BigGerman
Yep but add some butter braised sesame seeds to the cauliflower before baking.
+1 rrrabbit

I'd break the vegan diet for that meal