Biden Says The US Will Defend Taiwan Militarily……..

If the Thugs in the Mainland decide to invade.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/05/23/polit...hnk/index.html

This goes against our long held “one China” policy..

I agree on the “one China” policy. The Mainland and Taiwan should reunite under a Democratically Elected Government and outlaw Communism just like Germany outlawed NAZIism after WW-2.

What about it. Is Taiwan worth defending?

I think a more novel idea would be off-road them in trance into the United States as the 52d State.

That would send Xi into vapors.
If the Thugs in the Mainland decide to invade.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/05/23/polit...hnk/index.html

This goes against our long held “one China” policy..

I agree on the “one China” policy. The Mainland and Taiwan should reunite under a Democratically Elected Government and outlaw Communism just like Germany outlawed NAZIism after WW-2.

What about it. Is Taiwan worth defending?

I think a more novel idea would be off-road them in trance into the United States as the 52d State.

That would send Xi into vapors. Originally Posted by Jackie S
Who’s the 51st state?
The people who "clean up on aisle four", just quit sighting the amount of work they are required to do.

So, is this our policy towards Taiwan, that American boots on the ground will be deployed if China invades? Surely not but there's our President having said this more than once according to a report I heard tonight.
But to your question, NO. Especially with Joey Bribes at the helm. Out politicians get us into wars, not to win them. It’s very profitable. But we pay with blood and treasure. We haven’t won a war since WW2. That’s not by mistake. Besides, Taiwan is a stones throw from China. They have a bigger Navy than ours. How could we win a conventional war in Taiwan against China? Is it worth a nuclear conflict? Or WW3?
But to your question, NO. Especially with Joey Bribes at the helm. Out politicians get us into wars, not to win them. It’s very profitable. But we pay with blood and treasure. We haven’t won a war since WW2. That’s not by mistake. Besides, Taiwan is a stones throw from China. They have a bigger Navy than ours. How could we win a conventional war in Taiwan against China? Is it worth a nuclear conflict? Or WW3? Originally Posted by bambino

To your question, no, it isn't. Ukraine is a unique situation. Taiwan is not Ukraine, geographically, much easier to get military supplies into Ukraine than Taiwan.

And if China decided tomorrow to invade, what the hell do we have left to send to Taiwan?

We will never put boots on the ground in Taiwan. Safest bet you'll ever make despite what the senile fool in the White House says. Luckily the people pulling his strings would never allow Biden to do that. They at least have that much sense.... I would hope.
To your question, no, it isn't. Ukraine is a unique situation. Taiwan is not Ukraine, geographically, much easier to get military supplies into Ukraine than Taiwan.

And if China decided tomorrow to invade, what the hell do we have left to send to Taiwan?

We will never put boots on the ground in Taiwan. Safest bet you'll ever make despite what the senile fool in the White House says. Luckily the people pulling his strings would never allow Biden to do that. They at least have that much sense.... I would hope. Originally Posted by HedonistForever
Look what happened in Afghanistan. Did Joey Bribes listen to his Military leaders? But I’m sure we would print more money to be laundered.
#POTUS Truth

I never thought, in my wildest imagination, that the United States would be involved in a Nuclear War. Now, however, because of our leaders rhetoric and very poor choice of words, it is perhaps more likely to happen than not. Russia/Ukraine would NEVER have happened under a TRUMP Administration. Now there are fewer cards to play, but still very playable. China up next?

https://truthsocial.com/@realDonaldT...54339355966697
  • WTF
  • 05-23-2022, 08:29 PM
Trump would have already given away Taiwan and Ukraine!!
Trump would have already given away Taiwan and Ukraine!! Originally Posted by WTF

That’s bullshit, and you know it.
Who’s the 51st state? Originally Posted by bambino
We would have to give the Democrats Puerto Rico to offset Taiwan where people actually work for a living.

Honestly though, that is a typo. It was supposed to be 51st.
Considering America's history of duplicity, I believe this means Taiwan is fucked.
With the world supply chain at its breaking point. Any attack on Taiwan would see inflation go even higher. Especially in anything that requires "CHIPS" TSMC still makes chips for roughly 50% plus percent of high end components and 90% of global output. It is a bad chess move for China. Even though China could take out all of Taiwan's military bases within a week (most are from WW2 when the US did have a presence in Taiwan due to the Japanese) But taking out the military targets and taking Taiwan are 2 separate things. But there has been propaganda shows in China lately (I just know) That call for Reunification of Taiwan and China As one country. except that Taiwan is a Republic of China...hence the ROC ...
Biden pretending to be tough on China but he will remove the tariffs Trump used to negotiate a trade deal. China can resume dumping exports to drive American companies out of business. #AmericaLast
https://www.reuters.com/markets/comm...il-2022-05-23/

Taiwan paid for 14 billion dollars in military equipment 3 years ago and still has not received it
https://www.defensenews.com/pentagon...ers-to-taiwan/
...What about it. Is Taiwan worth defending?... Originally Posted by Jackie S
If you think there was a chip shortage before, wait until the supplier of about 80% of our chips gets reunited under commie control.

Though I think the more better question could be: Can we win two World Wars simultaneously against Russia and Chine and still not turn the globe into a glass ashtray?