The nElections of 2026 and 2020; Only Time Will Tell.

Tine has a way of leveling the playing field of political history.

It may take fifty years or more, but eventually historians will do deep research on the elections of 2016 and 2020 with a somewhat less biased eye than is possible for anyone today. Some aspiring PhD will look at the entirety of the Clinton's political record and draw conclusions based on circumstantial evidence that has been dismissed as malicious speculation today. Only time will tell us which conclusions are likely to be valid.

Academics and historians with a narrower focus will look at the 2016 and 2020 elections the same way. Others will look at the pandemic, or the effects of social media as subjects for separate PhD dissertations. By then we will know more about the medical limitations of President Biden as we do about President Reaan.

Would the results have been different if (whatever) had or had not happened?

Only time will tell. I wish I could still be alive to read all about it.
Time has a way of leveling the playing field of political history. Originally Posted by ICU 812
They won't be US historians so it won't matter.
No obstruction. No collusion!

It was all rigged against him.

Poor guy.

Tine has a way of leveling the playing field of political history.

It may take fifty years or more, but eventually historians will do deep research on the elections of 2016 and 2020 with a somewhat less biased eye than is possible for anyone today. Some aspiring PhD will look at the entirety of the Clinton's political record and draw conclusions based on circumstantial evidence that has been dismissed as malicious speculation today. Only time will tell us which conclusions are likely to be valid.

Academics and historians with a narrower focus will look at the 2016 and 2020 elections the same way. Others will look at the pandemic, or the effects of social media as subjects for separate PhD dissertations. By then we will know more about the medical limitations of President Biden as we do about President Reaan.

Would the results have been different if (whatever) had or had not happened?

Only time will tell. I wish I could still be alive to read all about it. Originally Posted by ICU 812
50 years may be too close of a timeline. this would be considered the lost generation of fucked up people. I would say 100 years before you have any historians who do not have an axe to grind that is assuming the universities aren't still fucked up by then.
50 years may be too close of a timeline. this would be considered the lost generation of fucked up people. I would say 100 years before you have any historians who do not have an axe to grind that is assuming the universities aren't still fucked up by then. Originally Posted by dilbert firestorm

Thank you for that. You have made several valid points.

Sure fifty or a hundred, pick a time frame. Regardless, the point is the same. I think that "history will judge" many things differently than we do now as immediate contemporaries of the events.

At the time, I thought GW Bush was right about Iraq and Afghanistan. Now I think he was too timid on Afghanistan and Wholey wrong to invade Iraq.

Today, about equal numbers of folks think that the 2016 election and the 2020 election was somehow "stolen" by the opposite side. Some day that will be more clearly seen.

Trump's alleged "collusion" with Rusia vs the alleged influence pedaling by other administrations is another set of issues to be looked at dispassionately in the future.

Then there are the questions about systemic corruption in the Clinton and Biden families.

We still do not really know who killed JFK . . . or Vince Foster.

All these things will eventually be looked at by competent researchers who do not have "an ax to grind".

I just wish I could be here to read all about it . . .but that is kinda the point.
History always judges.

Sadly amusing, history always repeats as well.

Originally Posted by ICU 812
There are a lot of unsolved murders and some for which an innocent person has been convicted and served many years until proven otherwise.

It is "heartening" that 50 years after the Tonkin Gulf Resolution it was RELEASED that it was an LBJ (he was a Democrat!!!) LIE! What else has been been sealed from the Johnson years ... and the Democrats in office since? We're in one of those phases now.
Thank you for that. You have made several valid points.

Sure fifty or a hundred, pick a time frame. Regardless, the point is the same. I think that "history will judge" many things differently than we do now as immediate contemporaries of the events.

At the time, I thought GW Bush was right about Iraq and Afghanistan. Now I think he was too timid on Afghanistan and Wholey wrong to invade Iraq.

Today, about equal numbers of folks think that the 2016 election and the 2020 election was somehow "stolen" by the opposite side. Some day that will be more clearly seen.

Trump's alleged "collusion" with Rusia vs the alleged influence pedaling by other administrations is another set of issues to be looked at dispassionately in the future.

Then there are the questions about systemic corruption in the Clinton and Biden families.

All these things will eventually be looked at by competent researchers who do not have "an ax to grind".

I just wish I could be here to read all about it . . .but that is kinda the point. Originally Posted by ICU 812
JFK death -- all clues point toward CIA.
All clues? I thought you boys thought he’s still alive and prepping for his next MAGA rally!