Stalkers

How do you guys deal with this? I had one two years ago: gathered every bit of detail about me, calling, sending messages, threatening to kill me. It bothered me for two weeks or so, then he stopped, then I finally stopped worrying about it, and I never heard from him again.

Then, someone else told me tonight of their stalker and they showed me the threatening texts. I didn't have good advice on how to deal with it.

How do you deal with it?
How do you guys deal with this? I had one two years ago: gathered every bit of detail about me, calling, sending messages, threatening to kill me. It bothered me for two weeks or so, then he stopped, then I finally stopped worrying about it, and I never heard from him again.

...How do you deal with it? Originally Posted by Cowboyfan74
You had a guy stalker??? Can't help you there!?!
You had a guy stalker??? Can't help you there!?! Originally Posted by Ed Highlight
It might just maybe be that that account belongs to a provider posing as a hobbyist. Naw, that could never happen here on the ECCIE.
I ignore it... Eventually they will go away. Half the reason they pull this shit is to get a reaction.
However, it sometimes can be more serious and I've known some girls who had to change their name/number etc.
The girls aren't always the victim though!
Yeah, of course it was a guy. I've made women mad before, but none of them threaten to kill me. This guy was calling my house and shit. But he finally went away. With the nature of Internet anonomity and the business, no one else here has had another hobbyist go mental on them?
Calling your house? How in the world would someone in the hobby ever get that type of information?
You have to protect your personal information period. Just as the ladies adopt a hobby persona...so should the men.
All it takes is one pissed off client turned stalker to hire a PI to follow the provider,
then the next thing you know you are receiving picture postcards at your home.

With the picture being of your car at that providers incall hotel... talk about something that will make your ass pucker.