Houston Islamic Center Burned

It burned on Friday morning. An accelerant was used so arson is suspected but the authorities have no suspect. The Imam of the center, which claims that it teaches peace and tolerance wants it treated as a hate crime. Shouldn't they find a suspect and motive first?

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/vid...suspected.html
It burned on Friday morning. An accelerant was used so arson is suspect but the authorities have no suspect. The Imam of the center, which claims that it teaches peace and tolerance wants it treated as a hate crime. Shouldn't they find a suspect and motive first?

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/vid...suspected.html Originally Posted by boardman
It would not surprise me if this was a inside job.

But like you said, at least get a suspect and motive first.
Faulty wiring...
Faulty wiring... Originally Posted by Yssup Rider
This is about a fire not your brain.
It burned on Friday morning. An accelerant was used so arson is suspected but the authorities have no suspect. The Imam of the center, which claims that it teaches peace and tolerance wants it treated as a hate crime. Shouldn't they find a suspect and motive first?

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/vid...suspected.html Originally Posted by boardman
What they should do is clear the ruble and put a sporting goods store in it's place.

Jim
  • Old-T
  • 02-17-2015, 10:58 AM
Yes they should find the person responsible, and hate crime designation or not the building is just as burned.

But so nice to see some people's first reactions are "inside job" and "good riddance"
Yes they should find the person responsible, and hate crime designation or not the building is just as burned.

But so nice to see some people's first reactions are "inside job" and "good riddance" Originally Posted by Old-T
If it's a crime, it's a property crime. Who gives a fuck if it falls under a hate which is hard to prove anyway since nobody was killed or hurt in the process.

Jim
  • Old-T
  • 02-17-2015, 12:01 PM
I think the entire "hate crime" designation is of no value and just detracts from what was done. If I kill someone I kill them. I assume I didn't like them very much in most cases. Are they deader if I hated them? Of course not.
  • WTF
  • 02-17-2015, 12:26 PM
I think the entire "hate crime" designation is of no value and just detracts from what was done. If I kill someone I kill them. I assume I didn't like them very much in most cases. Are they deader if I hated them? Of course not. Originally Posted by Old-T

I have come to think a hate crime designation diminishes crime of a similar nature.

When you think of WWII people think of the horrible concentration camps but forget about the I think 20 plus million Russians killed during that war. Not near that many were killed in concentration camps. All are horrific.

I have come to think a hate crime designation diminishes crime of a similar nature.

When you think of WWII people think of the horrible concentration camps but forget about the I think 20 plus million Russians killed during that war. Not near that many were killed in concentration camps. All are horrific. Originally Posted by WTF
It kind of does.

Jim
  • WTF
  • 02-17-2015, 01:39 PM
It kind of does.

Jim Originally Posted by Mr MojoRisin
My murder is worse than yours!

But so nice to see some people's first reactions are "inside job" and "good riddance" Originally Posted by Old-T
Houston has a history of people self inflicting wounds in order to garner attention.

If it is not an inside job, I will be the first to apologize.
Houston has a history of people self inflicting wounds in order to garner attention.

If it is not an inside job, I will be the first to apologize. Originally Posted by Jackie S
Like Joe Campos Torres, right Jackie?
My murder is worse than yours! Originally Posted by WTF
Ok.

Jim
Like Joe Campos Torres, right Jackie? Originally Posted by Yssup Rider
Not one of HPD's finer moments. But that was a long time ago.

It did bring about a lot of change. HPD is one of the more diversified large city PD's in the Country.

By the Cities own count, if you call for the police, there is a 55 percent chance that the officer showing up will not be white.