Fairness for entire board

https://www.eccie.net/showthread.php?t=2967793

I believe all political threads should be in the national forum.
Right now many forums cannot discuss politics. We are guided to the natty forum which I agree with. I'm asking for the equality across the board. But pitt still allows these threads. Why is this?
I'm just asking for fairness and clarity universally.
Cause there are some special folks here who get to run the show as they see fit. Plus - they like are a kin to the big fish in small ponds vs. small fish in big ponds. Generally speaking mind ya- I do think the whole body of PGH personalities is pretty big though too. Might be a tad overwhelming for a lot of the folks in the general political threads! ---Oh yeah, I will say that Pittsburgh does get a lot of ppl taking vacations for not playing nice or following some of the rules. But I'm guilty of that apparently having been on vacation a time or two.

Good ppl here on the pgh board- with a lot of political opinions they want to share!- generally about 50/50 mix or slightly heavier on the conservative side-
"The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here."

We def see a wide variety of topics.

Those that post in the main can engage here and vice versa. Seems fair to me
Fairness. Either allow political discussions in all forums; which is not the case now. Or allow them only in the natty forum.
Heh
... What would be Fairness for the Pittsburgh board
might be to have actual members who reside IN Pittsburgh
or near here to ask for this.

Maybe let the Pittsburghers have the say...
Seeing how it is the Pittsburgh Forum.

#### Salty
I do not presume that just because some of us don't like the layout anything should be changed at all. More dialogue the better I say. Let those who can engage within the guidelines all are held to take part and look to provide more areas for discussion topics not less.

Lumping everything into one big pond creates more reasons NOT to engage than inspires dialogue in my opinion. Paying members should get a vote and freeloaders like myself not so much.
... What would be Fairness for the Pittsburgh board
might be to have actual members who reside IN Pittsburgh
or near here to ask for this.

Maybe let the Pittsburghers have the say...
Seeing how it is the Pittsburgh Forum.

#### Salty Originally Posted by Salty Again
Totally missing the point salt.
Many other forums cannot have political threads. So why is Pittsburg allowed? As I've stated. The board is supposed to have same guidelines enforced equally board wide. Whether we're talking about guidelines or what's allowed to be posted where. All forums should be the same. As far as I see pitt is the only one left posting political threads. Why is this? A change should be made to only allowing political threads in the natty forum. Then all forums are equal. And politics is in one place.
I do not presume that just because some of us don't like the layout anything should be changed at all. More dialogue the better I say. Let those who can engage within the guidelines all are held to take part and look to provide more areas for discussion topics not less.

Lumping everything into one big pond creates more reasons NOT to engage than inspires dialogue in my opinion. Paying members should get a vote and freeloaders like myself not so much. Originally Posted by DNinja69

This isn't a vote. Is it fair for pitt be allowed political threads when others are not? All forums should have the same privileges right?
I'm hoping admin and staff talk about this and either allow all forums have political threads or only allow it in the natty forum.
This is about fairness across the board. Seems like ALL should want that.
So only your vote should matter???

If you think a forum needs something they do not have the mods there are easy to contact. Asking for things to be removed based on what?

My vote says if you don't like what happens in a forum there are plenty of others available. We have 50 states and some of them have multiple regional sections they can't all operate exactly the same. Some states are not currently represented at all does that concern you? If not..why?

Openly lobbying to close some forums or restrict their use may be within the guidelines of engagement but it comes off as disrespectful to other members. So yes its a vote. Whose vote matters in the end? No idea. But most certainly everyone who posts has a right to speak their peace
Not a vote. It's as valid of a discussion as the toxic political drivel that the few want and the majority avoid.

Tail's wagging the dog.

You don't get change by accepting the status quo. And he's advocating for multiple potential outcomes. Not just one.
Not a vote. It's as valid of a discussion as the toxic political drivel that the few want and the majority avoid.

Tail's wagging the dog.

You don't get change by accepting the status quo. And he's advocating for multiple potential outcomes. Not just one. Originally Posted by HDGristle
A majority of Pittsburgh members do avoid political threads in the Pittsburgh sandbox. There’s the “solution” right there Mr Gristle. Have the self restraint not to read those threads. I have a Pirate thread. Check that out. But the usual suspects that complain about political threads in the sandbox are the biggest participants. Like you, Ninja, Eye, WD. Every time people piss and moan about this, it gets shot down. But by all means, carry on.
A majority of Pittsburgh members do avoid political threads in the Pittsburgh sandbox. There’s the “solution” right there Mr Gristle. Have the self restraint not to read those threads. I have a Pirate thread. Check that out. But the usual suspects that complain about political threads in the sandbox are the biggest participants. Like you, Ninja, Eye, WD. Every time people piss and moan about this, it gets shot down. But by all means, carry on. Originally Posted by bambino
Bam is it fair other forums cannot have political threads but pitt can?
Fairness sir! Only 2 choices.
Let every forum be able to discuss politics. Or only allow it in the natty forum.
Good grief..... everyone should want fairness
So only your vote should matter???

If you think a forum needs something they do not have the mods there are easy to contact. Asking for things to be removed based on what?

My vote says if you don't like what happens in a forum there are plenty of others available. We have 50 states and some of them have multiple regional sections they can't all operate exactly the same. Some states are not currently represented at all does that concern you? If not..why?

Openly lobbying to close some forums or restrict their use may be within the guidelines of engagement but it comes off as disrespectful to other members. So yes its a vote. Whose vote matters in the end? No idea. But most certainly everyone who posts has a right to speak their peace Originally Posted by DNinja69
You miss the entire point. Fairness. Please read my posts. How do you think others feel not being able to discuss what pitt can. Very myopic view. Again the board is supposed to have same guidelines and forum privileges be universally the same.
Why is pitt different
Bam is it fair other forums cannot have political threads but pitt can?
Fairness sir! Only 2 choices.
Let every forum be able to discuss politics. Or only allow it in the natty forum.
Good grief..... everyone should want fairness Originally Posted by winn dixie
Why should you care? You’re a hooker board social butterfly. You post in many forums. Even a private one. You also belong to OH2. Why would you care about a stupid forum in Pittsburgh?