Whiskeys, Bourbons and Scotch

What are your liquors of choice for daily consumption?

What bottles would never turn down if offered?

What bottles are you hunting for?
I enjoy the blacks, be it Jack or Jim... or Johnnie. Eagle Rare. Blanton's. Woodford. Basil Hayden's.

My drink of choice is the old-fashioned.

Like most I can't find a reasonable bottle of Blanton's or anything else I like from Buffalo Trace locally with any regularity whatsoever.

Finished off a bottle of Lagavulin 16 yr last night.

Anyone care to share or are we only able to have one kind of convo in this sandbox?
Kentucky Bourbons are the best IMO. I’ve toured most distilleries in the tri state area prior to about 2018. Taking my employees on tours was a huge bonus for an enjoyable work environment. Educating while enjoying is key.

Woodford, Buffalo Trace and Jefferson Reserve are great just off the top of my head.

I often gift them for holidays and My local Fine Wine and Spirits had quite a few varieties available when I checked last week.
After trying Niagara icewine, I don't think I can honestly drink anything else. Except it costs like $80 for 9oz... But damn, it is the best wine I ever drank
After trying Niagara icewine, I don't think I can honestly drink anything else. Except it costs like $80 for 9oz... But damn, it is the best wine I ever drank Originally Posted by onawbtngr546
Icewine is an interesting varietal. Can Often be Too sweet for me but I’ve never had any from Niagara.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ISmgOrhELXs

I prefer MacCallan 12 over 18. I don’t see the reason to spend the extra money for 18

Knob Creek has been a go to Bourbon for me. But Angels Envy is great if it’s in stock. I also like Jim Russel 10yr old

Any higher end Whiskey is fine. I’ve been buying Pendleton lately. I always have Bulliet Rye on hand too.
Icewine is an interesting varietal. Can Often be Too sweet for me but I’ve never had any from Niagara. Originally Posted by Dreamgurrl

I got a three pack on my way back from Canada. Oak Aged, Vidal, Cabernet Franc... I am ignorant when it comes to wine but I don't know what the later two mean.

The oak aged was simply delicious. Good mixture of flavor there. The Franc I felt was too sweet. I haven't opened the Vidal yet
Hard to beat Jefferson's sea aged bourbon
Has anyone tried Colonel E.H. Taylor Single Barrel or Small Batch?
If you want to drink a bourbon that will knock you on your ass, try a bottle of Bookers. It’s listed as 127/129 proof. It’s pretty smooth so it catches you pretty quick.
Buffalo Trace for me. Very hard to find lately, best luck is North Huntingdon, Murrysville or the waterfront. Have to ask for it.
Buffalo Trace is like a unicorn in PA - but sometimes the big liquor store in Crafton has it. Definitely a favorite bourbon!
A buddy of mine (he's not a drinker) gave me a bottle of Eagle Rare that his boss gave him. It was great, and definitely another one in my top 5.
A friend suggested Basil Haydens - haven't tried it yet.
I've recently become a fan of Rye's, and surprisingly one of my favorites is Redemption out of Indiana (the state) of all places.
Woodford IMO is too 'complex'. Every glass tastes different to me.
Definitely love a Manhattan, but I'd rather drink whisky neat.

PSA - Wigle makes the worst bourbon and rye on the planet. I'd rather drink...Bankers ?...comes in a 1 gallon plastic bottle? lol
Basil Hayden's is a light, very smooth sipper. I really like it as the base for an old fashioned.
Buffalo Trace is like a unicorn in PA - but sometimes the big liquor store in Crafton has it. Definitely a favorite bourbon!
A buddy of mine (he's not a drinker) gave me a bottle of Eagle Rare that his boss gave him. It was great, and definitely another one in my top 5.
A friend suggested Basil Haydens - haven't tried it yet.
I've recently become a fan of Rye's, and surprisingly one of my favorites is Redemption out of Indiana (the state) of all places.
Woodford IMO is too 'complex'. Every glass tastes different to me.
Definitely love a Manhattan, but I'd rather drink whisky neat.

PSA - Wigle makes the worst bourbon and rye on the planet. I'd rather drink...Bankers ?...comes in a 1 gallon plastic bottle? lol Originally Posted by yinzerpgh
Wigle is awful and expensive
  • babsi
  • 01-02-2022, 10:26 AM
Bourbon or scotch on the rocks is the most frequent choice for me at home or out.
This is day to day...not top shelf or favorites or crazy-expensive-exotics...
For ages my goto is 80 (now 81) proof Wild Turkey. For scotch GOTO is actually a blend. Giove Famous Grouse a shot.