Loving Black and White

This part of the forum seems to be the most eclectic, although sometimes politics overshadow the finer things in life the site is all about.

Over the last couple of months I've had some rare opportunities to try my hand at glamor photography with a couple of beautiful ladies from eccie. Besides them getting some photos for ads, I get to play with the photos. And I am becoming addicted to black and white. By definition, black and white is less representative, less "true to life" for the purpose of ads etc. But what is it about the timeless draw of this presentation. . . or is it just me?

I would love to see more black and white on the boards, and hope others enjoy these.
Regards,
I love B&W pictures. Those are very good.
Nice, but like gman, you do them a disservice by not identifying them.
I love B&W pictures. Those are very good. Originally Posted by pjorourke
Must remind PJ of his old Brownie.
Nice, but like gman, you do them a disservice by not identifying them. Originally Posted by charlestudor2005
My apologies, and once again my thanks to Lindsey Lacey and Chelsea Simms for posing.
Must remind PJ of his old Brownie. Originally Posted by charlestudor2005
Don't laugh about the old cameras, about 12-15 years ago I was browsing a used camera shop when a fellow came in with a stack of black and white 8x10s. When he was a kid he had an old twin lens camera which had been in his mother's closet for years. I think he found it when she passed away, and it still had film in it.

When he had the black and white film developed, he discovered that he had the only known photos of the Beatles concert in Dallas. Taken from the front row and the autograph signing station after the show. Some were so close he cut the tops of their heads off due to the parallax of the twin lens configuration.

I just love the black and white for some reason.
I love classic black and white with no digital retouching. Old time photos are priceless IMO.
I love classic black and white with no digital retouching. Old time photos are priceless IMO. Originally Posted by London Rayne
I absolutely agree, I've never seen anyone catch the mood of the classic black and white with digital.

Hurrell shot 8x10 negatives and took days retouching the negatives with razor blades and graphite pencils. You won't easily find that kind of dedication today. But, at least you can't cut yourself with the typical keyboard while re-touching!
There was some blurb recently about the last kodachrome film being developed.
There was some blurb recently about the last kodachrome film being developed. Originally Posted by discreetgent
The process is officially dead -- no more chemicals being produced.
The process is officially dead -- no more chemicals being produced. Originally Posted by pjorourke

Mama done took my Kodachrome away. . .
I have a couple of disposable cameras from the '90s that I never got developed. Are those considered Kodachrome?
I have a couple of disposable cameras from the '90s that I never got developed. Are those considered Kodachrome? Originally Posted by Ansley
I'm not aware of any disposables being loaded with Kodachrome (which is a slide film), more than likely they are C-41 process,color print film cameras. There is a "use by" date because the dyes will shift color over time, refrigeration can slow this and buy you maybe a year or two.
I'm not aware of any disposables being loaded with Kodachrome (which is a slide film), more than likely they are C-41 process,color print film cameras. There is a "use by" date because the dyes will shift color over time, refrigeration can slow this and buy you maybe a year or two. Originally Posted by Iaintliein
Thanks. I'm going to take them to the drugstore with me just to see how they will turn out.
Thanks. I'm going to take them to the drugstore with me just to see how they will turn out. Originally Posted by Ansley
If they are pictures of you I'm sure they will turn out to be spectacular.