Bladerunner 2049

Any Sci-Fi fans out there anticipating the new Bladerunner movie?
Going to be hard to follow such a cult classic.
i watched blade runner for the very first time not too long ago.
yeah, the effects and music were great. but the plot???? one of the most boring and dull plots i've ever seen.
The Big Sleep was better. Chinatown was better. The Prisoner was better. even Air Force One was better. in my movie watching opinion.
Any Sci-Fi fans out there anticipating the new Bladerunner movie?
Going to be hard to follow such a cult classic. Originally Posted by Roy Wally
Yeah, I'm a little skeptical they can build successfully on the original. Glad to see Gosling was cast as the lead, with Ford returning in support, but the first film was a complete story, IMHO. Not sure it needed a follow-up. I probably will see it in the theaters, but I'm going to keep my expectations way low.
Yeah, I'm a little skeptical they can build successfully on the original. Glad to see Gosling was cast as the lead, with Ford returning in support, but the first film was a complete story, IMHO. Not sure it needed a follow-up. I probably will see it in the theaters, but I'm going to keep my expectations way low. Originally Posted by SecretE
Agree. It was a complete story, and never called out for a sequel.
Hollywood is running out of ideas.
i watched blade runner for the very first time not too long ago.
yeah, the effects and music were great. but the plot???? one of the most boring and dull plots i've ever seen.
The Big Sleep was better. Chinatown was better. The Prisoner was better. even Air Force One was better. in my movie watching opinion. Originally Posted by pmdelites
Yes it certainly is a long movie. For a Sci Fi film there is plenty of drama.
Hollywood is running out of ideas. Originally Posted by Roy Wally
Running out of... dude they just made a movie about emojis. I think we can safely say that the golden age of cinema is over...
Running out of... dude they just made a movie about emojis. I think we can safely say that the golden age of cinema is over... Originally Posted by texassapper
agree..all the talent is in TV these days. amazing shows being made on regular basis since sopranos started that's making hollywood redundant except for big budget comic book spectacles and the occasional spy movie genre films.
have high hopes for 2049 mainly because of the director, denis villaneuve. he hasnt made a bad movie yet. cant wait to see what he does with phillip dick's brooding masterpiece.
have high hopes for 2049 mainly because of the director, denis villaneuve. he hasnt made a bad movie yet. cant wait to see what he does with phillip dick's brooding masterpiece. Originally Posted by darkwader
"You will be required to do wrong no matter where you go. It is the basic condition of life, to be required to violate your own identity. At some time, every creature which lives must do so. It is the ultimate shadow, the defeat of creation; this is the curse at work, the curse that feeds on all life. Everywhere in the universe."

Phillip Dick "Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?"
Hoping they got this on IMAX. Going to be fire.