viewing websites from cell phones and I pads

If you look at a site on a lap top or a pc the other pages to the website is in a line under the heading on the first page and you can just click on what ever page you would like to see further. SUCH AS GALLERY, LOCATION ETC.
If you are looking from phone or IPAD You must click on the three little lines at the top left corner to see the drop down menu
of the other pages then you can click on which ever page you want .
I did not want to get chastised for putting my own site on here to give you an example because that would be considered advertising on this forum so I just screen shot Ted a popular site that is world wide so you can see what I'm talking aboutAttachment 488347
The top left 3 blue lines by the title is where you would click.. it won't work from this screenshot but if you do it from the link you will see what I'm talking about.http://shreveport.backpage.com/
ANYWHO ...I have had to tell alot of people to view my personal website so I figured I would post it for those that didn't know
If you look at a site on a lap top or a pc the other pages to the website is in a line under the heading on the first page and you can just click on what ever page you would like to see further. SUCH AS GALLERY, LOCATION ETC.
If you are looking from phone or IPAD You must click on the three little lines at the top left corner to see the drop down menu
of the other pages then you can click on which ever page you want .
I did not want to get chastised for putting my own site on here to give you an example because that would be considered advertising on this forum so I just screen shot Ted a popular site that is world wide so you can see what I'm talking aboutAttachment 488347
The top left 3 blue lines by the title is where you would click.. it won't work from this screenshot but if you do it from the link you will see what I'm talking about.http://shreveport.backpage.com/
ANYWHO ...I have had to tell alot of people to view my personal website so I figured I would post it for those that didn't know Originally Posted by Majichands
I agree computer.I phone/Cellphones or whatever else can't see like a computer...I can't use my work device to get on adult websites......
I agree computer.I phone/Cellphones or whatever else can't see like a computer...I can't use my work device to get on adult websites...... Originally Posted by Fancylady
Install the Tor Browser on a flash drive, then plug the flash drive into your work computer and open the Tor Browser. Your work will never know.
Install the Tor Browser on a flash drive, then plug the flash drive into your work computer and open the Tor Browser. Your work will never know. Originally Posted by Dreaming 808
If you want to keep your job, I strongly recommend that you not follow the first sentence above. The second sentence is not true.
Install the Tor Browser on a flash drive, then plug the flash drive into your work computer and open the Tor Browser. Your work will never know. Originally Posted by Dreaming 808
Thank you for advice.
If you want to keep your job, I strongly recommend that you not follow the first sentence above. The second sentence is not true. Originally Posted by tandyscone
I'm far from an IT guy, but I've done this for years, as well as a few of my hobby friends and none of us have had any problems. But maybe you know something I don't.
Thank you for advice. Originally Posted by Fancylady
Fancylady, I've never had a problem using Tor at work. If I may suggest, install Tor on a flash drive, play with it for a while by just visiting basic websites. Do so Googling, watch some video tutorials, contact Tor support and ask questions, etc. The last thing I would want to do is give someone bad advice and get them in trouble.
I'm far from an IT guy, but I've done this for years, as well as a few of my hobby friends and none of us have had any problems. But maybe you know something I don't. Originally Posted by Dreaming 808
It all depends on your employer. On the one hand, except for really extreme cases, your employer will find it very difficult, perhaps impossible, to read the traffic you send and receive, or even what sites you are visiting when you run the Tor browser from a thumb drive. On the other hand, almost any employer who cares will be able to tell that you are using Tor even if you are running it from a thumb drive.

Most of you will want to quit reading here and go on the the next post or thread. Below I go through the various possibilities where an employer might
care whether you are using Tor.

I will start with the extreme. Your employer may install VNC or a keylogger on the computer you use at work. You may call it your computer, but it is not, it is the employer's computer. If the employer installs surveillance software, the employer has access to everything you do on the computer, what you type, what your screen is displaying, etc. They not only will know that you are using Tor, they will know what sites you are browsing with Tor. I don't know if any employer actually does this, certainly the vast majority of employers do not, but it is possible.

The next level down would be relatively large employers who are in business sectors that are regulated by the government. Financial institutions, health care companies, higher ed, securities, and several others. It also includes any employer, like a retailer, who processes credit card transactions, as well as businesses in highly competitive markets who are worried about corporate espionage. All of these types of employers are very concerned about controlling what data enters their network and especially what data leaves their network. They will not be able to read the data you send and receive using Tor, nor will they be able to tell what sites you are visiting. It is highly likely, however, that they will know that you are using Tor. These employers can face significant financial loss if they can't control the data leaving their network. For them, since they cannot monitor your Tor traffic, merely using Tor may be grounds for dismissal.

Below that are the employers who are security conscious, but not heavily so. Whether or not they detect you using Tor, or care about it if you do, is something of a lottery. Depending on the skill level of their IT staff and how much importance upper management puts on it, you might be able to use Tor heavily for years and not get caught. If they block adult sites and proxy sites, they might also detect using Tor, which could be described as a very complex proxy site. (Those of you who know better, don't bash me for simplifying Tor that much. I know it is much more, but from the point of view of detecting its use, it is not that much different from a traditional proxy.)

Finally, at the bottom are those employers who either don't really care, or who don't commit the resources to policing your on-line activity. With these, you are relatively safe bringing Tor in and using it. Even with those, however, you run the risk of the odd company who manages to get a top-notch IT security pro who will figure you what you are doing.
I agree computer.I phone/Cellphones or whatever else can't see like a computer...I can't use my work device to get on adult websites...... Originally Posted by Fancylady
I have a Nokia Lumia, a Windows phone. It uses Internet Explorer(IE) and everything works pretty much like on my PC.