Maybe this is the problem

• WTF
  • 03-08-2011, 06:31 AM
There is a whole group of folks that think they know WTF they are talking about but upon further review they are not even close to the facts.

http://sociology.ucsc.edu/whorulesam...er/wealth.html

Americans from all walks of life were also united in their vision of what the "ideal" wealth distribution would be, which may come as an even bigger surprise than their shared misinformation on the actual wealth distribution. They said that the ideal wealth distribution would be one in which the top 20% owned between 30 and 40 percent of the privately held wealth, which is a far cry from the 85 percent that the top 20% actually own. They also said that the bottom 40% -- that's 120 million Americans -- should have between 25% and 30%, not the mere 8% to 10% they thought this group had, and far above the 0.3% they actually had. In fact, there's no country in the world that has a wealth distribution close to what Americans think is ideal when it comes to fairness. So maybe Americans are much more egalitarian than most of them realize about each other, at least in principle and before the rat race begins.
It is in the interest of the wealthiest and those in power in government to keep people who are illiterate in the dark. Like Michael Moore said, they sold us on an American Dream that no longer exists.
This thread will turn out to be a cl)*%$@f^#k. Just my .02.
  • WTF
  • 03-08-2011, 07:56 AM
This thread will turn out to be a cl)*%$@f^#k. Just my .02. Originally Posted by charlestudor2005
All threads turn into clusterfuc....I just don't ask them to be closed, probaby because I have no preconcieved notion of where they should go
Maybe the definition of wealth is askew. A wealthy man has many friends, is esteemed by others, is a man of his word, is charitable, has a close family, is healthy. Maybe wealth is more than money....
Maybe the definition of wealth is askew. A wealthy man has many friends, is esteemed by others, is a man of his word, is charitable, has a close family, is healthy. Maybe wealth is more than money.... Originally Posted by FatBastard

I like the way you think
All threads turn into clusterfuc....I just don't ask them to be closed, probaby because I have on preconcieved notion of where they should go Originally Posted by WTF
I've asked for several to be closed. They've always drifted to places I had no idea they would go when I did the OP.

Maybe the definition of wealth is askew. A wealthy man has many friends, is esteemed by others, is a man of his word, is charitable, has a close family, is healthy. Maybe wealth is more than money.... Originally Posted by FatBastard
I think we're talking wealth in dollars. Intangible wealth is fairly non-quantifiable.
Having money doesn't make you wealthy.
wealth⋅y   [wel-thee]
–adjective, wealth⋅i⋅er, wealth⋅i⋅est.
1.having great wealth; rich; affluent: a wealthy person; a wealthy nation.
2.characterized by, pertaining to, or suggestive of wealth: a wealthy appearance.
3.rich in character, quality, or amount; abundant or ample: a novel that is wealthy in its psychological insights.

Depends on what your definition of wealthy is....
  • WTF
  • 03-08-2011, 08:32 AM
Having money doesn't make you wealthy. Originally Posted by FatBastard
Really....try setting up a date with Naomi4u without any $$$$$$$$.

See if you two love birds are so agreeable on that notion of wealth!

Having money doesn't make you wealthy. Originally Posted by FatBastard

LOL

Ok I for one want the money!!! Hahahahah....

Really....try setting up a date with Naomi4u without any $$$$$$$$.

See if you two love birds are so agreeable on that notion of wealth!

Originally Posted by WTF
WTF.... You don't have to be "wealthy" to see Naomi....
WTF.... You don't have to be "wealthy" to see Naomi.... Originally Posted by Eccie Addict
EA, I agree. And I bet you would feel enriched afterward!