A way to check IP addys?

With recent trouble with one member, isn't there a way to compare or block IP addys on here?

I'm not one to throw rocks but there are a few people who a CLEARLY disturbed and dangerous who needs to be banned forever.

What good is a ban if they can resign up with a new handle and start trouble again?
That won't stop 'em from using a proxy, dear.

Circumventing a ban is a pretty simple task for anybody who decides they wanna do it.
It can be done at the admin level, and yes they can block specific IP addresses from a site.

But, those who are web bullies/terrorists/obsessed can run around that by using a proxy server to mask their IPA. That is cumbersome and a slow connection that sometimes will come with some unwanted viruses attached since most proxies will bounce around quite a bit.

In the end, even proxies can be blocked but it requires knowledge of HTTP headers.

In short, it is all a pain in the ass for the admins. If someone is banned they should be adult about it and accept that they were asked to leave. Agree or disagree with that decision, this is a private site and the owners get to make the rules and decisions.
I believe so. Ampfan and Bobbyman were believed to have the same Ip address. This might get deleted for to much info but will see.

I love the new avatar Tara.
Why bother?
Why bother? Originally Posted by BitchTits
Come join the warm & fuzzy thread.

I believe you could use some warm and fuzzy.

I love the new avatar Tara. Originally Posted by jdough1211
Thank you.
If someone is banned they should be adult about it.... Originally Posted by Jarvis
Isn't there a way to compare or block IP addys on here? Originally Posted by Kayleehotchick
In this day and age of mobile access, even if the mods/admins did block an IP address (which can be done), if the offender wanted to sign-up again, all they would need to do is sign up for a new mobile phone with web, and Bob's your uncle, a new IP address that can't be connected to anything used before.
Isn't there a way to compare or block IP addys on here? Originally Posted by Kayleehotchick
In this day and age of mobile access, even if the mods/admins did block an IP address (which can be done), if the offender wanted to sign-up again, all they would need to do is sign up for a new mobile phone with web, and Bob's your uncle, a new IP address that can't be connected to anything used before.
As others have said, trying to really stop new handles is an exercise in futility if they are even a little bit tech savvy.

It's like this for mods:
That looks like a mod playing whack a troll.
Well at least the one member you are referring to is honest about who she is. What cracks me up are the same ridiculous people, whether it be provider or hobbyist, that come back with a new handle and the exact same high school bully mentality. They start or stir the shit pot, get called out on it, often times have melt downs and eventually apologize. They "retire" and bam, back again a week later. There are several board members all wielding multiple handles. Not too difficult to match them up either. Lmfao!
With recent trouble with one member, isn't there a way to compare or block IP addys on here?

I'm not one to throw rocks but there are a few people who a CLEARLY disturbed and dangerous who needs to be banned forever.

What good is a ban if they can resign up with a new handle and start trouble again? Originally Posted by Kayleehotchick

I can think of a better use of your time and boobs rather than worrying about such trivial matters.