99% of Those Who Died From Virus Had Other Illness, Italy Says

More than 99% of Italy’s coronavirus fatalities were people who suffered from previous medical conditions, according to a study by the country’s national health authority.

After deaths from the virus reached more than 2,500, with a 150% increase in the past week, health authorities have been combing through data to provide clues to help combat the spread of the disease.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...ess-italy-says

A bunch of unhealthy and old people die a few weeks early and that is sad.

Hardly a reason to shut down the world economy, though.
Yup, this was the wrong call. With the numbers coming out of Cali, the morbidity rate will end up .1-.2%, hardly deadly enough to destroy millions of family’s livelihoods. Like a shooting war, there’s a figure that must be considered acceptable losses.
Yup, this was the wrong call. With the numbers coming out of Cali, the morbidity rate will end up .1-.2%, hardly deadly enough to destroy millions of family’s livelihoods. Like a shooting war, there’s a figure that must be considered acceptable losses. Originally Posted by Jacuzzme
Amen to that.
Read some headline today where a 5yo in Detroit died and had COVID19. At the last paragraph in the story said she was in the hospital for meningitis.
More than 99% of Italy’s coronavirus fatalities were people who suffered from previous medical conditions, according to a study by the country’s national health authority.

After deaths from the virus reached more than 2,500, with a 150% increase in the past week, health authorities have been combing through data to provide clues to help combat the spread of the disease.

Hardly a reason to shut down the world economy, though. Originally Posted by friendly fred
Some are theorizing that the mortality rate in some of the denser areas are higher because the govt is making people stay inside.

Also read in Europe more people older than 100 died of C17 than the number of people who died from C17 under 30. I'm sorry but several members of my family were over 90 when they died. Their death at that stage was a blessing.
Those Boeing Globemasters are deadly
Read some headline today where a 5yo in Detroit died and had COVID19. At the last paragraph in the story said she was in the hospital for meningitis. Originally Posted by gnadfly
They said her parents were first responders SMH lies
I believe it is very important to go outside not only for your own sanity but because the sun is actually good for you
That little girl had meningitis. Her brain was swelling and she had seizures.

now they said she tested positive for coronavirus but there's no way in hell coronavirus causes that

At first she allegedly only had strep throat

Notice they said they put her on a ventilator just for precaution what??? I've never heard of anyone doing that I thought you got put on a ventilator because you needed it correct me if I'm wrong

I thought of you were having trouble breathing you got oxygen and then if you aren't strong enough to breathe on your own or for some reason then you got on the ventilator

But now they're saying just as a precaution they put you on a ventilator?
The article is over a month old.

In this fast-changing pandemic, any +30 day numbers are worthless. At this point, there are over 24,000 virus deaths in Italy. The article mentions 2500 deaths in Italy.

Italy has a large population of older people. Even if the % was 100 for those with other conditions, the amount of time their lives are cut short can be significant. Your claim that a " bunch of unhealthy and old people die a few weeks early" is not correct. Somebody with heart disease, diabetes, respiratory issues, high blood pressure, or cancer could live for years with their illnesses if they didn't get COVID-19. Most of the higher risk illnesses have effective treatments.

Hardly a reason to shut down the world economy, though. Originally Posted by friendly fred
I believe it is very important to go outside not only for your own sanity but because the sun is actually good for you Originally Posted by Sienna91
It is. Don't tell the dummies you go outside, they'll think you are trying to spread the virus. That's how dumb they are.

In this fast-changing pandemic, any +30 day numbers are worthless. At this point, there are over 24,000 virus deaths in Italy. The article mentions 2500 deaths in Italy.

Originally Posted by Munchmasterman
So you almost sound like you are admitting that in this fast changing pandemic the knowledge of 30 days ago wasn't the same as it would have been 60 days ago and we must be constantly adjusting our reactions to it?

Hmmm...Very interesting to those bashing Trump for every move he made with what it now being revealed to be worthless information??

Sounds like hindsight is 20/20 and that is about all that can be pinned on anyone for previous actions and reactions.
Apparently 100% of them stopped breathing.
The article is over a month old.

Italy has a large population of older people. Even if the % was 100 for those with other conditions, the amount of time their lives are cut short can be significant. Your claim that a " bunch of unhealthy and old people die a few weeks early" is not correct. Somebody with heart disease, diabetes, respiratory issues, high blood pressure, or cancer could live for years with their illnesses if they didn't get COVID-19. Most of the higher risk illnesses have effective treatments.

Originally Posted by Munchmasterman
The most effective long term treatment would be a sensible diet and exercise so the body can overcome sickness on its own.

I once knew a guy on insulin who would take a shot then eat candy bars. He thought he was clever right up until he died.
Some are theorizing that the mortality rate in some of the denser areas are higher because the govt is making people stay inside.

Also read in Europe more people older than 100 died of C17 than the number of people who died from C17 under 30. I'm sorry but several members of my family were over 90 when they died. Their death at that stage was a blessing. Originally Posted by gnadfly
Amen!