Zimmerman taken into custody after assault on ex wifes father, and gun threat to family

Orlando Channel 6 News

Zimmermans ex wife says "I don't know what he is capable of..." Ummm.. really? I can ballpark it..

Makes me wonder what they are fighting about? Money maybe? Good thing she is divorcing him before all the lawsuits. LOL

Anyway, after him getting into trouble twice now for speeding and being pulled over, I find this a pretty good demonstration of him being impulsive and an aggressor.

-----------------------------------------

LAKE MARY, Fla. -
George Zimmerman was questioned Monday in Central Florida after his estranged wife called police saying he threatened her with a gun, but has not been charged.

[PICS:Zimmerman questioned | AUDIO: 911 call (Warning: CONTENT MAY BE GRAPHIC)]

Lake Mary police say they were called around 2:30 p.m. to the Sprucewood Road home owned by Shellie Zimmerman's parents, David and Machelle Dean.

According to Lake Mary Police Chief Steve Bracknell, Shellie Zimmerman called 911 claiming George Zimmerman had a gun and was making threats.

"He’s in his car and he continually has his hand on his gun and he keeps saying 'step closer' and he’s just threatening all of us," Shellie Zimmerman said in the 911 call, adding that George Zimmerman was "trying to shut the garage door" on her.

"He punched my dad in the nose my dad has a mark on the nose. I saw his glasses were on the floor," Shellie Zimmerman said in the call. He then accosted my father then took my iPad out of my hands. He then smashed it and cut it with a pocketknife, and there is a Lake Mary city worker across the street that I believe saw all of it."

Shellie Zimmerman and her father were not speaking to police at first and waited for their attorney to arrive. They left just after 4 p.m.

George Zimmerman is cooperating and is calm, according to police, but is accusing Shellie Zimmerman of being the aggressor in the conflict.

As of Monday afternoon, no arrests have been made and George Zimmerman is "no longer in investigative detention," according to police, but is still at the home. Police are investigating the incident as a domestic battery and have retrieved the home surveillance videos from David Dean, Shellie's father.

"I don’t know what he’s capable of," Shellie Zimmerman said in the call. "I’m really scared."

In the 911 call, Shellie Zimmerman tells her dad to "get behind the car or something-I don't know if he's going to start shooting at us or something." She also said her father said he "feels like he's going to have a heart attack."

Former Local 6 legal analyst Mark O'Mara, who represented George Zimmerman in his murder trial, said that the argument on Monday stemmed over Shellie moving. George Zimmerman wanted to move on Monday and emotions "bubbled" over when he walked in on Shellie Zimmerman still moving, O'Mara said.

The incident comes days after Shellie Zimmerman filed for divorce and discussed her relationship with George Zimmerman on a TV interview.

Since being acquitted in the shooting death of 17-year-old Trayvon Martin, George Zimmerman has been pulled over twice for speeding.

Lake Mary is located about 20 miles north of Orlando and 5 miles southwest of Sanford, where Zimmerman fatally shot Martin.
Gives a whole new meaning to him "standing his ground" with his ex..
Where does it say in the article he was "taken into custody" as your headline reads?

Another report:
"Lake Mary Police public information officer Zach Hudson said police were at the home, investigating a "possible domestic battery." George Zimmerman was detained without being arrested and was released Monday afternoon, Hudson said.

"Police confiscated George Zimmerman’s gun for the time being, which is standard procedure, but he was “free to go,” according to Hudson."

Being "detained for investigation" is not "taken into custody" and ..

............ "free to go" is not being "taken into custody" ...

Why the "yellow journalism" and sensationalism on your part ...?

Here, get a subscription ... for you it would be prescription!
Where does it say in the article he was "taken into custody" as your headline reads?

Another report:
"Lake Mary Police public information officer Zach Hudson said police were at the home, investigating a "possible domestic battery." George Zimmerman was detained without being arrested and was released Monday afternoon, Hudson said.

"Police confiscated George Zimmerman’s gun for the time being, which is standard procedure, but he was “free to go,” according to Hudson."

Originally Posted by LexusLover
Damn dude you need to take a chill pill..seriously..lmao
  • CJ7
  • 09-09-2013, 04:36 PM

Another report:

Originally Posted by LexusLover

in the article I posted hours ago .. pay attention
Man news is saying Mark OMarra got a hold of her quick, she is recanting everything now..
Damn I didn't see you post.. http://www.eccie.net/showthread.php?t=840610 I guess that makes this a repost.. maybe converge threads or something..
The guy is a psycho. He got away with murder. He can't stand the guilt.

He's well on the way to being a bigger fuckup than OJ. Just no Heisman Trophy. He'll never be cast as Nordberg in the next version of Naked Gun.

Seriously, though, he's a sick puppy. Of course, not sick enough for some of the fine Americans around here who have made a hero out of him.

. pay attention Originally Posted by CJ7
I do.

Do you mean this "quote" from the article you posted?

"George Zimmerman had been temporarily detained by police after Shellie Zimmerman told 911 Monday that he had threatened her and her father with a weapon."

I also think the headline on "your" source said he wouldn't be charged ...

So, where does it say he was "taken into custody" ... in your posted, link?

Sniffing too much jet fuel?

Here's the other quote:

"After he was initially detained by officers, George Zimmerman was interviewed at the house by detectives, Lake Mary police spokesman Zach Hudson said."

"detained" is NOT "in custody"! Here CBJ ... "bone up" ...
Damn dude you need to take a chill pill..seriously..lmao Originally Posted by Stan.Dupp
Your telling me to take a "chill pill"???
Easy Stan you are dissing LL'S hero.
At least there are no dead kids on the lawn.

I'm sure Zimmerman's wife deserved it. George is too mild mannered for this. He wouldn't hurt anyone...
Another rush to judgement by the haters....

"No charges will be filed against George Zimmerman after an alleged altercation with his estranged wife and her father, Lake Mary, Florida, Police Chief Steve Bracknell said Monday.

"Shellie Zimmerman has declined prosecution (after consulting with her attorney)," Bracknell said.
George Zimmerman had been temporarily detained by police after Shellie Zimmerman told 911 Monday that he had threatened her and her father with a weapon."
Typical domestic dispute. This type of stuff goes on everyday, somewhere.

Most cops know the score. They just calm things down, and separate the battling parties.
I didn't hear anything about a gun threat, and have seen nothing to support that.