McConnell vs. Trump

• Tiny
  • 01-31-2019, 11:46 AM
Any thoughts about Republican Senators' plan to pass an amendment warning Trump about withdrawing U.S. forces from Syria and Afghanistan too fast? And saying that ISIS and al Qaeda, contrary to what the president has said, haven't really been defeated? I've got mixed feelings. It's good to see Republicans developing some backbone. On the other hand, it would be great to see the U.S. becoming disentangled from more of its foreign engagements -- Trump may be on the right side of this issue, and most other Republicans and Democrats on the wrong side.

https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/...o-rebuke-trump
Any thoughts about Republican Senators' plan to pass an amendment warning Trump about withdrawing U.S. forces from Syria and Afghanistan too fast? And saying that ISIS and al Qaeda, contrary to what the president has said, haven't really been defeated? I've got mixed feelings. It's good to see Republicans developing some backbone. On the other hand, it would be great to see the U.S. becoming disentangled from more of its foreign engagements -- Trump may be on the right side of this issue, and most other Republicans and Democrats on the wrong side.

https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/...o-rebuke-trump Originally Posted by Tiny
Its much bigger than that. They know the Fuhrer Trump is a complete moron whos making policy based on his personal business dealings. What does he have to do with Syria and Afganistan? Putin
  • WTF
  • 01-31-2019, 12:13 PM

https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/...o-rebuke-trump Originally Posted by Tiny
Anyone that bumps up aganist the vast industrial military complex is in for tough sledding from my observations of politics over the last 40 plus years.

A reading of history will show it so since Ike warned us.
  • Tiny
  • 01-31-2019, 12:33 PM
WTF, Are you with Trump on this one?
  • WTF
  • 01-31-2019, 12:50 PM
WTF, Are you with Trump on this one? Originally Posted by Tiny
More complicated answer than yes or no.

So we let the Turks wipe out the Kurds?

Do we let the Taliban wipe out the women of Afghanistan?

In other words going back on a promise.

I'd rather never make that promise in the first place.

So I'm against this current Venezuela crisis sanctions.

I'm for a slower withdrawal from places where folks have put their lives on the lines over our word.

I wish we'd never entered , Syria, Iraq ect
WTF, Are you with Trump on this one? Originally Posted by Tiny

I'm with Trump on this.

but he should go slow and give no time table on the withdrawal.

notice that some key players are scrambling to fill that vacuum.

Syria is basically Russia's problem.

should never gone there in the first place. obama didn't get permission from congress or from syria to operate there.
  • WTF
  • 02-01-2019, 06:21 AM
I'm with Trump on this.

but he should go slow and give no time table on the withdrawal.

notice that some key players are scrambling to fill that vacuum.

Syria is basically Russia's problem.

should never gone there in the first place. obama didn't get permission from congress or from syria to operate there. Originally Posted by dilbert firestorm
Trump was for an immediate withdrawal.

He is for hauling ass out of Afghanistan.

That was the question.

The Senate is for the measured withdrawal.

Your answer is confusing.

You ignore the Sfgan question and basically agree with the Senate yet say you are with Trump.

Could you clear that up?
  • Tiny
  • 02-01-2019, 07:35 AM
WTF, Dilbert agrees with you. Your answers make sense
  • grean
  • 02-01-2019, 07:39 AM
I believe they have already considered a vote to delay the vote on the ammendment.

So....
  • WTF
  • 02-01-2019, 07:55 AM
WTF, Dilbert agrees with you. Your answers make sense Originally Posted by Tiny
His answering was confusing as he said he agreed with Trump. Then he agreed with what was the Republican Senators' plan to pass an amendment warning Trump about withdrawing U.S. forces from Syria and Afghanistan too fast.

It is like there is a certain segment of society that can not force themselves to say they disagree with Donald Trump on anything.

Seems all we get in this forum is:

Do you agree with Trump cutting off your balls? Yes!
Industrial military complex , its been bad real bad for potus's to change idea's in the past.
Trump was for an immediate withdrawal.

He is for hauling ass out of Afghanistan.

That was the question.

The Senate is for the measured withdrawal.

Your answer is confusing.

You ignore the Sfgan question and basically agree with the Senate yet say you are with Trump.

Could you clear that up? Originally Posted by WTF

what is sfgan?

what are you confused about?

disagree with what the senate wants to do

i'm undecided on Afghanistan.
  • WTF
  • 02-01-2019, 01:08 PM
w

what are you confused about?

disagree with what the senate wants to do

Originally Posted by dilbert firestorm
the Senate wants to do exactly as you described what you want to do as far as leaving Syria. Kinda hard for you to agree with both Trump and the Senate
the Senate wants to do exactly as you described what you want to do as far as leaving Syria. Kinda hard for you to agree with both Trump and the Senate Originally Posted by WTF

a resolution is one thing, but if they are going to pass a law to restrict POTUS's syrian policies. this is where I part ways with the senators.
  • WTF
  • 02-01-2019, 08:59 PM
a resolution is one thing, but if they are going to pass a law to restrict POTUS's syrian policies. this is where I part ways with the senators. Originally Posted by dilbert firestorm
My guess is that was a message to Trump...and he got it.