Secret Yum-Yum spots in H'ville?

I only visited once a long ass time ago and want to venture out away from fast food crap.

Are there any really good (not severely fattening) places I need to check out?

I love sushi, pho and a good middle eastern restaurant.
No serious food suggestions?
Let me see:

Sushi - my favorite is “l love sushi”. It is a local restaurant with two locations.

Vietnamese - Viet huong (sp. ?) off University or Viet Cuisine on Jordan lane. I am a sucker for vermicelli so I don’t know how the pho rates.

Middle eastern - Jamos Deli on Jordan or House of Kebob on Sparkman are both favorites of mine.
Thank you Blue Heel. We have no decent restaurants that are Middle Eastern on my side of the water in Virginia so I will definitely visit one of your places.
I appreciate you.
If you want to treat yourself, Cotton Row and Grille 29 are both outstanding.
Because I know you are a complete nerd you HAVE to go to The Toybox Bistro and Pints N Pixels. You also have to go to Handels for ice cream. I wouldn't be a good friend if I didn't share those with you lol.
And good grub is why I love you Cassie. We are both foodies. I share my fish balls with you and you share nerd joints with me
Yall gonna have me going home in wheelbarrow
I'll still love you long time..
Pints and pixels is awesome!!! Love it
I can also recommend Viet Huong. Their hot clay pots are tasty.
I really hate to be negative but "good food in Huntsville" is an oxymoron. This town loves franchise food like no other place I've seen which is most of the country and out of the country as well. Having come from DFW, I am spoiled on food but here it's ridiculously lacking.

Try the Asian and Middle Eastern places other's have suggested but don't spend way too much money for mediocre food at Cotton Row and Grill 29. I know the owner of Cotton Row and it's no wonder about the food. Sorry to be contrary to Marco615 but everyone is different...as this place so eloquently illustrates ; )
^^^^^I kinda have to agree.......however there is good bbq and great craft beer.
^^^^^I kinda have to agree.......however there is good bbq and great craft beer. Originally Posted by holmes50
You must be talking about my BBQ. Yes, lots of "crap, I mean craft beer"......
Roadcourse... trust me when I say I am looking for the hidden gems. I get enough of food chains and fast foods here on the east coast and the food here sucks ass

Unfortunately I can't drink anymore because I have developed allergies 2 most alcohol and it causes me to break out into hives