Will Biden face impeachment articles?

More than one member here has asserted that they believe, that Joe Biden will face articles of impeachment, brought by the new speaker Mike Johnson. Thought I'd open a new thread to see what people thought around that.

Well I think that a lot of GOP still has a ton of heartburn over Trump's two impeachments, I'm not sure there's enough appetite there personally for them to pursue this. Especially with multiple wars, a struggling economy, with some fears of recession in the not too distant future, and their top contender facing felonies in multiple courts.

Further not doubling but tripling down on adding a political platform that's supposed to repeal and replace the health care system... It seems like there's an awful lot on the plate of the GOP if they are going to add impeachment to the mix.

Personally I think Mike Johnson cannot afford to bring these articles and have them voted down, and face that humility and likely the loss of his speakership. However if he doesn't, the likes of MTG and Matt Gaetz will seek his head on a pike.

What do you think will happen?
Yes.

This piece of shit is what defines corruption in our political system.
Yes.

This piece of shit is what defines corruption in our political system. Originally Posted by Jackie S
That’s you (or anybody) would really believe that is laughable, in a tragic kind of way. Especially for MAGA “Republicans.”

It’s a witch hunt.
Yes.

This piece of shit is what defines corruption in our political system. Originally Posted by Jackie S
That might be true but the DNC will take the easy way out and not nominate him.
No. Cool mofo Joe will slide.
I don't know all the stuff being reported . . .ca't read it all there is so uch else going on in the world and in my life as wel.

But I do believe that there is more substantive evidence of wrong doing byh President Biden, or on his behalf (and with his knowledge) than was ever presented against President Trump.

I think it is telling that when a reporter first asked the President about Hunter's financial doings at a press conference a few months ago . . .President Biden turned and with a smirk said, " So, where is the money?" then walked off.

Law enforcement folks with experience interrogating suspects say that that kind of response demonstrates "knowledge of culpability."

Can "they" turn up enough stuff that directly links Hunter's shenanigans to his father? That is even money in my book just now.

My recollection is that President Trump was impeached over a pile of trumped-up lies the first time and for a phone call the second time.
That might be true but the DNC will take the easy way out and not nominate him. Originally Posted by Levianon17

That is what the Democrats should do. They should have done something about Mr. Biden ASAP after the swearing in. They had another opportunity just after the midarms.

VP Harris may be an optical to getting the "right" person in place, but the event sequence that lead from the replacement of VP Spiro Agnew through the appointment of Gerald Ford as VP and on to the resignation of Richard Nixon in the 1970s would have been the templet for putting Gov Newsome into the Oval Office . . .but I think thst ship has sailed for the Democrats at this point.

Whatever comes next could be politically messy.
That is what the Democrats should do. They should have done something about Mr. Biden ASAP after the swearing in. They had another opportunity just after the midarms.

VP Harris may be an optical to getting the "right" person in place, but the event sequence that lead from the replacement of VP Spiro Agnew through the appointment of Gerald Ford as VP and on to the resignation of Richard Nixon in the 1970s would have been the templet for putting Gov Newsome into the Oval Office . . .but I think thst ship has sailed for the Democrats at this point.

Whatever comes next could be politically messy. Originally Posted by ICU 812
That could have been a good plan, except ole Joe won’t cooperate.
And the “kackling Cunt” sure ain’t going anywhere.

Harris is really the big problem. They are stuck with her.

I still think Newsom will show up at the Convention, convince Harris to stay on as VP, and let the convention tell Joe to go die.

If he still won’t go, there is always that “sudden Heart Attack”.
These comments from true believers remind me of “The Book of Mormon” on broadway. They just believe. Period.

That could have been a good plan, except ole Joe won’t cooperate.
And the “kackling Cunt” sure ain’t going anywhere.

Harris is really the big problem. They are stuck with her.

I still think Newsom will show up at the Convention, convince Harris to stay on as VP, and let the convention tell Joe to go die.

If he still won’t go, there is always that “sudden Heart Attack”. Originally Posted by Jackie S
All that is true.

I would note that VP Agnew was forced out by being charged with corruption when he was Governor of Delaware (I think Del.). I believe that VP Harris has enough skeletons in her closet to have been forced out by other Democrats. Richard Nixon also didn't want to leave, but was convinced by other Republican leaders that not only would he be impeached, but his conviction and removal was also a sure thing.

It is now too late for the Democrat's pullers of strings and the levers of power to follow the Agnew-Ford-Nixon pathway of succession as it unfolded in the 1970s. Yet it may be the only way they can avoid a Republican Speaker of The House becoming president.

Mr Biden stays in office today because he is under the complete control of others . . . Family, advisors and medical staff . . .who don't want to give up their own bits of power, influence and sources of wealth.

By delaying, they are painting themselves into an ever shrinking poetical corner.

The Democratic National Convention may actually be the only way to avoid another Biden-Harris ticket, making Harris inevitably the next President before 2028.
It's interesting to me that our members who support Trump don't think that there was enough information to warrant an impeachment. Getting caught red handed on a phone call is pretty damning, but I also think strong arming countries to do our bidding is a part of the political process. Where I think DJT stepped over the line was when he asked specifically for information on Biden before releasing funds. That's a step too far.

Should some phone call recordings show up with Joe that are so self-incriminating, I'd even vote for impeaching him, but I just don't think he's that conniving. I'd go even further to say, he knows where to draw the line in those things, and if he did ask for a pro quo, he'd have someone else ask for him. Being brazen and stupid are usually two separate things, but for the prior POTUS,- he wears those like his dirty shit filled boxers.
It's interesting to me that our members who support Trump don't think that there was enough information to warrant an impeachment. Getting caught red handed on a phone call is pretty damning, but I also think strong arming countries to do our bidding is a part of the political process. Where I think DJT stepped over the line was when he asked specifically for information on Biden before releasing funds. That's a step too far.

Should some phone call recordings show up with Joe that are so self-incriminating, I'd even vote for impeaching him, but I just don't think he's that conniving. I'd go even further to say, he knows where to draw the line in those things, and if he did ask for a pro quo, he'd have someone else ask for him. Being brazen and stupid are usually two separate things, but for the prior POTUS,- he wears those like his dirty shit filled boxers. Originally Posted by eyecu2
So is Bank Records indicating illegal transaction from a Communist country.
So is Bank Records indicating illegal transaction from a Communist country. Originally Posted by Levianon17
I agree if they go directly to Joe. But also, the question would be if they went to a business run by his son, then the transactions may be mute.

IE; say a "guy" who sells his own ties or his daughter sells shoes that are made in china, then he gets a deposit from, or payments directly to the company in the same said "communist country". Is that indicative of bad actions?

Transactions in themselves are not always nefarious or showing payoffs, but they certainly should be reviewed and certainly disclosed.

Its my understanding that no deposits from said Communist country go into an account with Joe Bidens' name on it. If you heard different, let us know.
I agree if they go directly to Joe. But also, the question would be if they went to a business run by his son, then the transactions may be mute.

IE; say a "guy" who sells his own ties or his daughter sells shoes that are made in china, then he gets a deposit from, or payments directly to the company in the same said "communist country". Is that indicative of bad actions?

Transactions in themselves are not always nefarious or showing payoffs, but they certainly should be reviewed and certainly disclosed.

Its my understanding that no deposits from said Communist country go into an account with Joe Bidens' name on it. If you heard different, let us know. Originally Posted by eyecu2
His son never had a legitimate business. Unless influence peddling is a legitimate business. All these people are corrupt even Trump. What you're witnessing is a political chess game and the American people are the pawns.

Its my understanding that no deposits from said Communist country go into an account with Joe Bidens' name on it. If you heard different, let us know. Originally Posted by eyecu2
Apparently they did.

https://oversight.house.gov/release/...d-china-money/