Phone & laptops stolen

This morning my ex husband stole my cell phone & all laptops. I have gotten a new phone with the same number, however all my contacts are in the phone. Just a heads up. Thanks
UGGGHHH>.. so sorry girl. That sucks. Best of wishes to you this holiday. Just another added expense that you didnt need this close to Christmas. Hope you get back all lost info.
That does suck...
Sorry for your loss. One of my people just informed me that he had his house broken into yesterday, while he was visiting a friend in the hospital. He said they trashed his home, and his neighbors didn't see anything...so I feel for you...Hope you get all of your information back. computers aren't cheap so I feel for you..melissa012
so sorry sweetie I hope you get you stuff back
Unfortunately, all of your clients are now at risk of being "outed." He could also turn over your laptop and phone to the police. I hope you get these things back from your sorry ex before people get hurt.
Your ex is a total prick! I hope you get your property back babe!
  • 69er
  • 12-07-2011, 07:46 PM
Did you have the devices protected with a password?

Does he know the password?

Both Android and iOS devices have the ability to "wipe" a stolen device of all data. I would think this would be very handy for all the Ladies. If you are even arrested or detained by police, wouldn't it be nice to make a call, and get your device wiped remotely?

This is also available for computers at a pretty reasonable price.

http://www.absolute.com/en/lojackforlaptops/home.aspx
  • Omega
  • 12-07-2011, 09:16 PM
Absolute is a great piece of software. I use it and it works flawlessly. At $30 a year, it's worth every penny. Not only can it wipe your hard drive, but you can report it stolen and your ex would be in jail the first time he connected to the internet.
Thanks so much for the info & all the sentiments..HAPPY HOLIDAYS!
Unfortunately, all of your clients are now at risk of being "outed." He could also turn over your laptop and phone to the police. I hope you get these things back from your sorry ex before people get hurt. Originally Posted by Tina Marie
+1 did you have everything password protected?? its important for your former and current clients to know if some angry dude is going to have access to their information.
  • 69er
  • 12-08-2011, 08:30 AM
+1 did you have everything password protected?? its important for your former and current clients to know if some angry dude is going to have access to their information. Originally Posted by Jules Jaguar
Before everyone gets too indignant about the original poster, in case she hasn't protected both her phone and computer...

How about the other ladies here? Have you taken these actions?

Turnabout is fair play so:

My phone is protected as it is an iPhone, and have installed and using the "Find iPhone" app, along with a pin to unlock.

My computer has a strong password (more than 8 characters, using a combination of letters, numbers, and symbols), all data is encrypted on the hard drive (even removing the hard drive will allow someone to see nothing more than the OS), and I have the ability to remotely wipe the system, using the capabilities in Exchange Server.
Before everyone gets too indignant about the original poster, in case she hasn't protected both her phone and computer...

My phone is protected as it is an iPhone, and have installed and using the "Find iPhone" app, along with a pin to unlock.

My computer has a strong password (more than 8 characters, using a combination of letters, numbers, and symbols), all data is encrypted on the hard drive (even removing the hard drive will allow someone to see nothing more than the OS), and I have the ability to remotely wipe the system, using the capabilities in Exchange Server. Originally Posted by 69er

My phone is also protected with a strong 10 character password. Each one of my websites that I visit have different random passwords that even I get confused as to which word is for that account at times. I always LOG out and close computer down when I'm done with it to where if it were to get stolen, they would have to have a password to re open main page.

Safety is always the key to anything I do. I suggest everyone do the same. Discretion and security in this business is a total must for ALL parties involved.
That is some great information 69er! Good looking out.

CashmereLove-sorry to hear that happen to you. I hope things get better.

My computer has a strong password (more than 8 characters, using a combination of letters, numbers, and symbols), all data is encrypted on the hard drive (even removing the hard drive will allow someone to see nothing more than the OS), and I have the ability to remotely wipe the system, using the capabilities in Exchange Server. Originally Posted by 69er
As a matter of fact I do... I learned several of those tactics for protection from my very very smart and HOT friend who has been around for quite a long time.

Thank you for posting these tips for the ladies and gents here. You never know what can happen and you want to keep your information and your clients safe at all times.