Some Truth About Our Iraq Exit

Of course, the President is on both sides of the fence, and lying on both sides.

http://reason.com/archives/2012/01/0...ategy-for-iraq

Why don't you do a little research. The REAL reason is that Iraq demanded that all US armed forces be subject to Iraqi law after a certain date. Because there were a huge number of documented cases of US armed forces committing basically criminal acts for which they could be prosecuted Obama had no choice but to get everyone out. Even if we had a Republican president he would have had to do the same thing.
Obama did the right thing- we had no business in Iraq and the exit was long overdue
Of course, the President is on both sides of the fence, and lying on both sides.

http://reason.com/archives/2012/01/0...ategy-for-iraq

Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy
Gat a life!
fyi, not all of the troops will get pulled out. it'd be something like another year before the draw down is completed. so obama's lying about that one too.
Why thank you, BigTex. Your well thought out and reasoned response has shown me the error of my ways. I will support Obama without thinking from now on. Thank you!

BL, if that was the case, why was Obama pressuring Iraq to allow the soldiers to stay longer?
Gat a life! Originally Posted by bigtex
You'll have to teach him how to get a life.
Now that's your responsibility since you told him (COG) to get a life.
I wish you success but I doubt the outcome.

I have a life, thank you very much. I enjoy coming here and pissing off liberals and conservatives by telling them the truth. But your concern is noted and appreciated.
One "small" bit of truth. All the news stories were about the 1st cav being the last to leave. Truth is they flew out, and NG troops spent a couple of days driving their vehicles out for them, making them actually the last in. The reg. Army's PR people would have none of that, of course.