Des Moines

Is anything open? Stuck out at my usual places.
What I can't quite figure is that when I have googled the names of a few spas in town, I get that Monday - Friday calendar with times when they are open. And they all report they are open. I'm not buying that. I think I might take a little detour trip around the metro tomorrow and check for "OPEN" neon signs in windows. Also text / call for an appointment and see.
  • gmd33
  • 05-22-2020, 05:40 AM
Ive driven by a few of them and those were closed until 6/1.

The only one that looked like it was open was the one at 86th and Meredith.
I saw the door propped open and the mamasan sweeping the floor at University/Polk Blvd last night.
AROMATHERAPY FOOT MASSAGE INC. · 706 N. Ankeny Blvd ...
Sun Massage Therapy on Douglas looks to be open
DM seems to be opening up. As of 2:00 Tuesday, Urbandale Ave. and everything on Douglas East of Merle Hay were open. University/Polk Blvd, East 9th, and Hull were still closed.
Anybody do any good yet?
  • gmd33
  • 06-08-2020, 02:12 PM
Just bumping this one to the top. Still not open at my regular places on SE14. Any other good options out there in the Des Moines area?
I haven't been there but saw the open sign lit in Ankeny, Asian Health, 1st and Delaware. Same manager has a place at Douglas between 50th and 51st, so I assume they are open too.
  • gmd33
  • 06-08-2020, 06:45 PM
Thanks CB bur Ive been to both those places and left unhappy. Granted, its been awhile ago, but hate to waste money for poor service.
I’ve been to Douglas and 50th twice in the last 10 days. ������������
  • gmd33
  • 06-09-2020, 05:48 AM
Thanks LS314...will give it another shot.
I have been to a couple of places that looked closed but were open if you called ahead and they knew you.
I'm with LS 314. I went back within a week after my review. Curious how the Ankeny sister shop doesn't sync up though.

Also, DSM Rick is right. If a place looks closed and even has a sign taped in the window, text them. Often at least the mamasan will give you HE.