Hey Houston!

Where are some good and SAFE places to stay in your neck of the woods? I want to come visit, but I want to be careful and have some fun, Texas style! Any suggestions?
The bumpkin in me says........ North of Houston.....

But,,,, it seems like most of the dudes are spoiled here, so the closer to downtown you could get, would probably be better.
the galleria area
I believe most visiting providers tend to stay in the Galleria area as well. It's centrally located and a fairly nice part of town.
  • Molay
  • 01-10-2013, 10:51 AM
A good central location is always best, as it draws from all parts of town. Therefore, Galleria, Downtown (if parking is available), Midtown, & the Heights are all good areas.

This really needs to be a sticky....
I have heard that some traveling ladies are looking into the Memorial/City Center area because they feel there are too many other ladies in the Galleria area.

Downtown can be good but parking is a bit of a bitch and the hotels tend to be pricey, although I'm sure that Priceline et al might help you with that.
I always look like the typical harried traveler! Can't get more incognito than that! If anyone has some more specific info, please send me a PM so I can do some research. I appreciate all the information.