THE OBAMA TEXAS DISASTER........PERRY IS THE WINNER !

No NOT the border crisis Obama has created, but his recent trip to Dallas - Austin. Obama looked small and ineffective; someone grubbing for money and not addressing our problems.

The crisis at our southern border, coupled with President Obama’s visit to Texas, has propelled Rick Perry back into the limelight. And Perry has made the most of this unexpected opportunity.

Perry would like to be known nationally for more than his embarrassing run for president during the last cycle. In the words of this article from Buzz Feed, the border crisis has enabled him “to be out in front on an issue he knows well: the border.”

According to the same article, Perry’s expertise “was on display when [he] took his spot in front of the dais” at a Homeland Security field hearing on border crisis last week. Perry “was treated less as Republican boogeyman by the Democrats on the panel and more like an expert on the subject.”

Even Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee — whom Perry called by her first name — was impressed, or pretended to be. She thanked Perry and “all of you in here in the state of Texas who have risen to accept this challenge.” “Texas will stand in the very noble position … to continue some of the hard work you’ve already been engaged in,” she added.

Perry also gained in stature during Obama’s visit to Texas. He met the president at the airport, but only after insisting that Obama meet with him to discuss the border crisis.

Perry scored points without appearing overly partisan. For example, he blamed the crisis on “bad public policy” without naming Obama. And he encouraged Obama to visit the border — a position which, in the context of similar calls by Texas Democrats, cannot be considered improperly partisan.

Perry’s handling of Obama’s visit stands in sharp contrast to Chris Christie’s conduct when Obama visited New Jersey just before Election Day 2012, in the wake of Hurricane Sandy. Admittedly, the circumstances were not the same. Christie needed money for his State; Obama needed the embrace of a prominent Republican. This week, Perry had no incentive to embrace Obama.

But many conservatives (me included) believe that Christie went too far. Perry, meanwhile, struck the right balance between respect for the office of president, self-respect, and conservative policy preferences.

Republican are, or should be, searching for a presidential candidate who combines a record of consistent conservatism with a record of success in running things. Scott Walker comes quickly to mind.

But Rick Perry also answers to this description, in my opinion. The question remains whether he’s a competent campaigner for our highest office. After this week, Republicans may be more inclined to want to learn the answer to this question.

Paul Mirengoff at Powerlineblog.com
http://www.powerlineblog.com/archive...rys-moment.php
Whirlalway have you taken your meds ?
Perry was a scowling buffoon the entire time, and admitted he and POTUS agreed on most issues.

Grubbing for money? He had a couple of fund raisers. it's what politicians do during election years. Of course we know Perry has been busy meddling in university politics, which will greatly enhance his run for President. Why the outrage?

Oh, I forgot. OBAMA!

Only you would couch the visit in terms of winning and losing, Mr. Spinaway. and exactly what did Perry win? An attaboy from Glenn Beck? and Whir-LIE-turd?

More overblown bullshit from Whir-LIE-turd.
Trending Idiot, on July 8, 2014 you made the following allegation:

MARTIN LUTHER KING (AND OTHER BLACK CIVIL RIGHTS CRUSADERS) OPPOSED ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION.... Originally Posted by Whirlaway
Prove it!
The President shied away from the difficult situation at the Border, choosing instead to " look cool" in a safe setting, only to come away looking rather sophomoric.
Perry was a scowling buffoon the entire time, and admitted he and POTUS agreed on most issues.

Grubbing for money? He had a couple of fund raisers. it's what politicians do during election years. Of course we know Perry has been busy meddling in university politics, which will greatly enhance his run for President. Why the outrage?

Oh, I forgot. OBAMA!

Only you would couch the visit in terms of winning and losing, Mr. Spinaway. and exactly what did Perry win? An attaboy from Glenn Beck? and Whir-LIE-turd?

More overblown bullshit from Whir-LIE-turd. Originally Posted by Yssup Rider

"Snicks for Dicks" ... Perry owned Orainbow The whole country is waking up. Now go eat some more of your "special" dinner.
"Snicks for Dicks" ... Perry owned Orainbow The whole country is waking up. Now go eat some more of your "special" dinner. Originally Posted by IIFFOFRDB
How did Perry own Orainbow? At what contest?

Why is the whole country waking up? What are they waking up to?

Are you capable of communicating a complete thought? Are you capable of a compete thought? You just blurt out Tourette-inspired ejaculations, meaning nothing.

You are stupider than a moron.

How did Perry own Orainbow? At what contest? Originally Posted by Yssup Rider
This contest, the one where you ate some dog shit..."Snicks for Dicks" the shit & vomit eating poodle-boy. Loves his Orainbro.

Great. typical Slobbrin answer.

The White House has announced that Obama is going on vacation again....after playing another round of golf.
If you haven't noticed they all are going on vacation for a couple of months.
Perry on the border.....who is missing ?

OBAMA ! He was hobnobbing with zillionaire donors - grubbing for campaign contributions!!!!

TrendingIdiot, why did you provide the above link but you have yet to provide the link backing up your apparently false allegation that MLK opposed illegal immigration?

Where's the MLK link?
Hijacking threads again, IC.

Thanks for bumping my threads to the top of the list with your stupid taunts.......I have got more OPs below. Can you go into those threads and bump them for me?

Thanks in advance.
Hijacking threads again, IC.

Thanks for bumping my threads to the top of the list with your stupid taunts.......I have got more OPs below. Can you go into those threads and bump them for me?

Thanks in advance. Originally Posted by Whirlaway
Perhaps, I'm just looking for the link indicating that MLK opposed illegal immigration, as you previously claimed.

Once we have the actual link, I will call off the search.