# 3 misfire

What is and what needs to be about it? I already know it needs fixed . Pm me please

Lustfully naughty
Nico
uh, rely on #1 and #2 ?
no sparky?
Probably need new plugs, and ignition coil, and depending on spark plug wires maybe them. Approximately 200 for parts. Anyone with tools and a little knowledge can change them out in an hour.
Depending on make, model, mileage etc, this could be caused by the aforementioned items, but could also be a timing belt issue (again depending on make, model, engine, miles), a distributor cap (if so equiped), an ignition coil, and lots of other things. Finding the exact cause will require some diagnostic tolls, some practical expertise, and a bit of time.

Cars, like people need to be diagnoised and repaired in person!!!

Spacemtn
AustinModStaff
Sounds like she already had code reader hooked to computer to get the # three misfire, which probably means no distributor cap. So other than timing belt which usually are good for 75-90,000 miles. The other parts would almost be a complete tune-up. If you pull # 3 plug and find oil all bets are off.
  • Toyz
  • 04-01-2012, 09:35 PM
"Potential Answers"

*Fowled Plugs...caused by carbon build up in cars, too much alcohol in humans...
*Bad Gas...caused by water in cars, burritos in humans...
*Clogged Air Intake...dirty filter in cars, cock in mouth in humans...
I had one this weekend that showed "multi cylinder misfire" on the diag tool and it did have a distrubutor cap.

Almost all of the answers in the thread could be the cause, but there is no way to know for sure without some hands on diagnosis. I sure do miss the days when cars and truck engines were simple!!

Spacemtn
AustinModStaff
Thanks guys It was an easy fix, better gas and slick 50 fuel injector cleaner

Lustfully naughty
Nico
OOOHHHHHH, we are talking mechanics.. I saw "#3 misfire" and I thought that she intended to fart and shit herself instead

LF