Man Arrested in Austin for forcing a minor into prostitution

If you have not seen this story that came out today about a man arrested for forcing a minor into prostitution, you may want to - http://www.kxan.com/news/local/austi...nvolving-minor

I am seeking thoughts on what we can do (if anything) to avoid this from happening. Lets face it, this is bad for all of us. It brings unwanted attention to the hobby.

I enjoy hobbying as much as the next guy. Like most guys, I prefer women younger than myself (in their 20s or 30s), but I have no desire to be with anyone under 18. Unfortunately, I'm horrible at being able to tell a woman's age based on looks. I doubt many providers would be willing to provide proof of age if requested, like a copy of their license or passport. Furthermore, even if the provider is not a minor, who the hell wants to be with a provider who is there because she was forced to by threats of violence or intimidation? Not me. I'm sure most, if not all of you guys agree with me on both these points.

Is there anything we can do to reduce or eliminate the possibility of unknowingly ending up with a minor or someone forced to be there against their will?

Providers - your thoughts and input are certainly welcome on this topic as well. Perhaps some of you may have better tips on how to spot or detect these things so we can avoid them.
I have seriously found that you can tell when a provider is there against there will or a minor. They are not very talkative and usually give you the come on lets do this so you can leave. I generally search for ladies over the age of 30 just because they more or less have there stuff together. When you see a "18" or "19" year old that's when you run the risk of the young lady being forced to do it or actually being much younger than they appear.

I hate to say this but most ladies on BP have pimps and I would probably estimate all of the ones younger than 24 have pimps and lie about ages. It is true though girls are looking more and more like ladies everyday and it is pretty scary what could happen if you are in a room thinking the lady is at least 18 and the cops show and she turns out to be 14 or 15. YIKES!!

When I lived in Fort Worth I had an incident where I searched on BP for a provider and saw the pics and the age said 20 so I booked and went to the incall. When I arrived I saw what seemed to be a pimp in the parking lot acting like he was fixing his car (Cadillac) with the hood up and him under the hood. When I arrived in the room the girl was not the same girl in the ads and she looked to be around 18-19 but I could not be sure so I left immediately.

Some Hobbyist love seeing 18 or 19 yr old and that is their preference however I really think its a bad move especially if its a BP lady.

ultimately everyone has to be smarter and pick your provider wisely. I would really suggest just staying away from BP altogether especially lately.

I have posted before that BP is starting to get flooded with pimps and girls that do not want to be in the biz.

Just be careful

My2cents
So now we are allowed to post about forbidden subjects? Is this a trend, couldn't help but notice a similar post in alerts section.

#10 - Topics regarding children, and certain images depicting children are not material for an adult-themed board. You must be at least 18 years of age to register and participate here, and along those lines, our subject matter is to surround individuals of the proper age range. Any mention or reference to underage sex is strictly forbidden and may result in loss of your posting privileges.
So now we are allowed to post about forbidden subjects? Is this a trend, couldn't help but notice a similar post in alerts section. Originally Posted by fluffy kitten
Fluffy - I saw the similar thread right after I started this one. I didn't intend to knowingly violate any guidelines by starting this post. Are you certain this discussion is a violation? If so, seems ridiculous to me to have a rule that prevents us from having a discussion of how to avoid doing things that are bad for everyone on this site. I can understand why there should be rules against any postings that could be interpreted as encouraging activities with minors or those forced into being a provider, but a discussion about how we can all avoid those things so we bring less attention and heat to the hobby seems beneficial to us all.
No kidding. I posted an pretty darned equivalent thread last year and got hit with 10 pts by Col. Zodiak. Like this, mine was more of a SMH semi-alert about such goings on, not promoting the idea, so I don't attack this thread - just the inconsistency in enforcement.
No kidding. I posted an pretty darned equivalent thread last year and got hit with 10 pts by Col. Zodiak. Like this, mine was more of a SMH semi-alert about such goings on, not promoting the idea, so I don't attack this thread - just the inconsistency in enforcement. Originally Posted by Bobave

Equally confused.. If it's been on TV and in the paper, I'm not sure why it would be off base here.. just as a local "heads up" if nothing else.. I don't think anyone here is promoting, or condoning any such behavior..
Equally confused.. If it's been on TV and in the paper, I'm not sure why it would be off base here.. just as a local "heads up" if nothing else.. I don't think anyone here is promoting, or condoning any such behavior.. Originally Posted by nuglet
Any mention or reference to underage sex is strictly forbidden and may result in loss of your posting privileges.

Same reason you're not allowed to reference illegal substances, it draws attention of LE to this site.
Since the topic is forbidden, this one is closed per

#10 - Topics regarding children, and certain images depicting children are not material for an adult-themed board. You must be at least 18 years of age to register and participate here, and along those lines, our subject matter is to surround individuals of the proper age range. Any mention or reference to underage sex is strictly forbidden and may result in loss of your posting privileges

sixx