what the best pre-paid phone service??

Can someone please advise on the best pre-paid national service, i really do not wanna use my personal phone but , would like a pre-paid phone thats at least national that i can travel anywhere in the states ?
I don't know about the best, but VM is the cheapest IMHO.
I use a tracfone. I don't travel much, but their website claims national coverage. www.tracfone.com
Google Voice is my favorite and all I've used for a couple of years now.

http://www.google.com/voice

What I like about it:

• Free
  • Can send and receive calls/text on any number
  • Ability to handle specific phone numbers different. Say you've got a psycho harassing you, no problem! Login to the website and block that number.
  • You can enable "Do not disturb" at any time and not be bothered.
  • Did I mention its free
  • You can change your phone number at any time
  • When selecting a phone number you can choose just about any area code you want. You can even (sometimes) get a phone number with a word in it. (ie: 777-HUMP)
  • Voicemail transcriptions automatically sent to you in form of text or email
Check it out, it rocks!
+1 on google voice. If you can't use that, then try getting any simple SIM card activated and swap it out of your RL phone to make calls.
Can someone please advise on the best pre-paid national service, i really do not wanna use my personal phone but , would like a pre-paid phone thats at least national that i can travel anywhere in the states ? Originally Posted by prince1v
A friend of mine swears by her Cricket phone and they do offer an Android model. Android has an app that links to a gmail account so your G-calendar, gmail and google phone # are all tied to it

The Apps allow you to be better organized and the app for G-phone can dial AS the G-phone # and not the # assigned to your phone so it adds an extra layer of secrecy.

And you can change you G-phone # for a 1 time fee of 10 dollars.

Most Cricket phones are 50-70 a month for unlimited (but check their website to be sure)
I use a t-mobile and it works pretty well for me. It's off all the time except when I'm actively using it or when it's date day. I have no fancy app's. Just the basic flip phone but I imagine you can get app's too if you want.