Oh Shit.....Houston Cops Shoot A Unarmed Man.

http://www.chron.com/houston/article...se-6201525.php

No word if Quanell X, Al Sharpton, or Jesse Jackson are in route.

Crap, this is on my side of town, too. I guess I will get to see a riot first hand.
  • shanm
  • 04-15-2015, 03:29 PM
Wow. I remember watching the car chase in the morning and thinking to myself "wouldn't it be funny if it ended in another police shoot-out"

Turns out it did.

Crap, this is on my side of town, too. I guess I will get to see a riot first hand. Originally Posted by Jackie S
If you record it on your phone let us have a peek...
You'd think word would be getting around the African American communities that runnin from the cops can be hazardous to your health.

Crap, this is on my side of town, too. I guess I will get to see a riot first hand. Originally Posted by Jackie S
Baytown cops are the worse. They were written up on a national news channel. I know all about them. It's easier to charge a PI for a woman standing in front of her own home (but lost key), than investigate a rape (which is a real crime by the way). Lazy A*hole law enforcement.
Jacinto City used to be the worst of the worst...
Jacinto City used to be the worst of the worst... Originally Posted by Yssup Rider
You are right about that. "Jake City", as we use to call it, was like running a gauntlet down Market Street. There was a beer joint or ice house on every block. And a cop waiting to whip your ass and take you to jail.

It is entirely different now. I amagine the population is 98 percent Hispanic, very Familly oriented.
"Shephard had an outstanding arrest warrant, his uncle said. In September 2013 he was accused of assault of a family member, accused striking a woman he was dating. His criminal background also includes charges of making a terroristic threat and aggravated assault with a deadly weapon."
The guy led cops on a pursuit, called 911 and threatened to hurt a child if police didn't stop following him, collided with two other cars, jumped out of his car and reached back inside as if to grab something.

...all because he had an outstanding warrant.

Shut the hell up about how "bad" cops are. This guy did everything to make it appear he would hurt someone. No sympathy for him getting his sorry ass shot.
Jacinto City used to be the worst of the worst... Originally Posted by Yssup Rider
They let me go with just a flesh wound.
They let me go with just a flesh wound. Originally Posted by TheDaliLama
You must have had BOTH hands in the air.
  • shanm
  • 04-16-2015, 12:36 PM
The guy led cops on a pursuit, called 911 and threatened to hurt a child if police didn't stop following him, collided with two other cars, jumped out of his car and reached back inside as if to grab something.

...all because he had an outstanding warrant.

Shut the hell up about how "bad" cops are. This guy did everything to make it appear he would hurt someone. No sympathy for him getting his sorry ass shot. Originally Posted by ToddSanders
No one is really bashing these particular cops here. we're all lamenting how out-of-control the LE has gotten in this country. Which is true, if you've been paying attention to the news. This was (probably) a case where the cops used the force necessary to stop other people and themselves from getting hurt.
Although, that reaching into the car shit seems super-fishy to me. Why would he reach into the car when no weapon was found? It seems sort of like when Slager tried to put the taser next to Scott and claimed "I was afraid for my life". I don't trust anything the cops have to say.
No one is really bashing these particular cops here. we're all lamenting how out-of-control the LE has gotten in this country. Which is true, if you've been paying attention to the news. This was (probably) a case where the cops used the force necessary to stop other people and themselves from getting hurt.
Although, that reaching into the car shit seems super-fishy to me. Why would he reach into the car when no weapon was found? It seems sort of like when Slager tried to put the taser next to Scott and claimed "I was afraid for my life". I don't trust anything the cops have to say. Originally Posted by shanm
Well this is a good shooting. That dude is driving wreckless in a 3000 lb bullet. He's a danger to everyone in his path. It's just unfortunate it had to end the way it did. The City of Houston shouldn't have any bullshit over this.

Jim
  • shanm
  • 04-16-2015, 04:08 PM
Well this is a good shooting. That dude is driving wreckless in a 3000 lb bullet. He's a danger to everyone in his path. It's just unfortunate it had to end the way it did. The City of Houston shouldn't have any bullshit over this.

Jim Originally Posted by Mr MojoRisin
I agree. If there is a protest it'll be over the stuff that's happening elsewhere. It's a systemic problem that needs to be addressed. What triggers the "revolution" is unimportant.
I agree. If there is a protest it'll be over the stuff that's happening elsewhere. It's a systemic problem that needs to be addressed. What triggers the "revolution" is unimportant. Originally Posted by shanm
If there is any protest in Houston over this ,I am willing to bet the big issue will be "If the police hadn't chase him this wouldn't have happened" that's bullshit. The Police have an obligation to pull violators over for traffic infractions and drivers have only one option and that is to pull over out of traffic and meet with the police on whatever the issue is.

Jim