Laptop on...

What would you do if a lady had laptop on in a meeting, and you do not realize until end? When asked about it she says she was playing games on it earlier, but just so happens to leave it conveniently facing meeting. Is this hypo scenerio worth making one crazy? lol
It wouldn't make me any crazier than her leaving out her phone with the camera facing the meeting.

Or having a video camera on a tripod in the corner with a red light on.

So, nah.
The person can't recall seeing the cams LED, so theoretically its possible she wasn't bs'ing?
Oh, I doubt she recorded you. The simplest explanation is usually the right one.

Just make sure you have people close their laptops next time. That just doesn't sound smart.
There are some "security" programs that allows you to record with the camera without the LED turning on.

just and FYI
There are some "security" programs that allows you to record with the camera without the LED turning on.

just and FYI Originally Posted by Spirit13
I've read about this.

What is the reasoning for doing this from the pros perspective? Would seem to me that nothing positive would b gained
I've read about this.

What is the reasoning for doing this from the pros perspective? Would seem to me that nothing positive would b gained Originally Posted by Southrn1
If your laptop is stolen these programs can turn on and record the thief..

or it can be left on and record any movements in a room.

as for benefit... let the imagination run wild
Oh, I doubt she recorded you. The simplest explanation is usually the right one. Originally Posted by proudoftexas
Please excuse me being naive to this subject, I assume you are being sarcastic? I would think that it would be possible that paranoia is overtaking any real instance that cam was even used
No, I was being sarcastic the first time, but not there.

The simplest explanation is that your actions weren't filmed. Neither you nor I know what the truth is, and you'll never completely know unless it shows up online somewhere or in a package with a blackmail threat.

What is also true is that you shouldn't let it happen again. It's a dumb thing to do. Make the person close the laptop or put it away somewhere.

Shit, if someone wants to film you without your knowledge, there are all kinds of ways to do it. There's a whole industry selling "Nanny cams" to watch child care tenders while the parents are away. Been going on for years. None of us are going around checking rooms with electronic equipment to make sure that's not happening.

Bottom line, is if you're prone to paranoid fantasies, I've got nothing for you. Best to go ahead and dive in head first into your wildest worst case scenarios. But if you're a reasonable person, then by far the percentages are with you that nothing was recorded, and that you were simply behaving like a dumbshit for allowing the activity to take place with an open computer facing towards everything, followed by a post on a message board wondering what the consequences might be.

That's the best I've got for you.
Keep in mind that if she tries to blackmail you with a video, call the cops, give them her info about the video.. etc.. let them do their job and arrest her or search her laptop... odds are she has other videos and guess what... she gets the worst end of it.
Closed at OP request.