Hotmail/OUTLOOK's new layout--Your FACEBOOK picture

I noticed with the new upgrade that Hotmail did to the OUTLOOK system, that now, when a gent (or female) sends me an email---if they have a Facebook page or maybe it's from the MSN Messenger profile (not sure on that), the photo on their Facebook page shows up as an icon/avatar next to the incoming email when I'm reading the message.

Not sure if you folks who don't want your face shown in your emails, know about this. I think it's rude of MSN to merge Facebook stuff like that. I don't know if its something you can turn on or off in Outlook or if it's something that needs to be done in Facebook, but I wanted to make you folks aware because so far, I told 1 gent (who's son's photo came up in the email) and he was "not" aware of that.
People are using real emails to do this?

There is no doubt I need to get more careful, but even I set up an email account specifically for this purpose.

That's a great warning, but man. That sure sounds dumb to me.

And your right. There's a lot of stuff all the tech companies are doing to tie down who you are and what your activities are. It sucks. We're all but giving away our right to privacy.
Facebook is the devil, big brother, flat out bad news. Providers, the first thing I do if you return my email is search Facebook with your email address. I'm not stalking, I am prepared to tell you what I find, because if I then see you I will tell you of your mistake. I am looking for information to make my decision. I rarely get a hit, but it has helped.

Using FB and linking it to anything is almost a sure way to make your 'worlds collide', if you remember that Seinfeld episode, even if you don't hobby.
It's not just Facebook, though. Facebook's efforts to monetize their data is pushing everyone into the edges of linking information to find out more about their user base, so they can then sell ever more effective advertising.

I'm waiting for the day when your public information starts affecting your insurance rates and the terms of a bank loan.
Information about you (like your fico score and such) already affect insurance rates. Plus I heard that if you're late with library books, having library fines can have an effect on things in your life also.
Facebook is the devil, big brother, flat out bad news. Providers, the first thing I do if you return my email is search Facebook with your email address. I'm not stalking, I am prepared to tell you what I find, because if I then see you I will tell you of your mistake. I am looking for information to make my decision. I rarely get a hit, but it has helped.

Using FB and linking it to anything is almost a sure way to make your 'worlds collide', if you remember that Seinfeld episode, even if you don't hobby. Originally Posted by JohnnyCap
It is really bad.
Phone numbers can be tied to you too, and to your private life.
BE CAREFUL!
never give FB or your email provider your phone number... they don't need it.

and if Hotmail/Outlook is going to sync with your FB profile... just set up FB profile that does not use your real personal informaiton...
never give FB or your email provider your phone number... they don't need it.

and if Hotmail/Outlook is going to sync with your FB profile... just set up FB profile that does not use your real personal informaiton... Originally Posted by KCguy32
as others have stated, better yet,
KEEP YOUR HOBBYING ACCOUNTS AND FB PROFILE SEPARATE!!!
and if you don't, accept the consequences w/out bitching!!
I hate the new outlook and I have been loyal to hotmail for years.
What I don't like about the new outlook is I can't read my mail in Opera anymore...at least not until Opera fixes something or Microsoft does.