Hacked??

It was a week ago had gotten call from a guy named Miles, he was acting weird so It was no can do! Now tonight I received a call from a Charles same number only saying he had sold me drugs and wanted to know if I was interested! WHAT!!! I told him he had the wrong person, that I didn't do drugs and then he asked what did I do! Who is this dude! So I went to my People Smart acct to see if I checked the number then to Verify Him low and behold I do check this dude! Now about an hour ago my boyfriend got a call from this guy! What the heck is going on?? How would he get his number! The only thing I can think of is he hacked my account or something.. So frickin weird! I'm a little freaked out to say the least.. That this person has a crap load of info that I didn't give out... What can I do about this! I already changed my password but still.. This is crazy!!
  • YoHou
  • 04-13-2013, 08:04 PM
Is your bf's number on any site on which you have an account?
No it's not that's why I was like what the heck! I changed my password again actually 2 more times and switched over to Chrome, I'd done with explorer. I had read on a previous post that Explorer has more security problems than Chrome. Scary stuff..
Your BF could be behind all this. Ever thought about that.
also if your comps compromised changing passes will not help u need to find your leak and plug it.
Let's assume you were either phished or keylogged.

In the event you were phished (by not being careful with your browsing!), you'll want to change every password and access questions to anything you've got, put simply. Also, using Chrome is about as safe as pole vaulting over a lava pit. Use Firefox, with security-minded add-ons.

In the event you were RAT'd or keylogged, you'll need to reformat completely. After your reformat is done, THEN follow the steps I mentioned previously.

Oh... and be careful where you browse.

Let me know if you need any help.